Nitrous Advice

CorbinGT

Sep 3, 2011
Detroit
Hello everyone,

Just got some 4.10's installed in my AODE and wow I am impressed. Now she's ready for nitrous...

I have all the bolt ons, heads, intake, exhaust, pullies etc. and a built AODE to handle the power. Car has 73K miles. I am going to buy a Zex Wet Nitrous Kit with plans of running 100 shot. but what else do I need to do to ensure everything runs smoothly? My injectors and fuel pump are stock. My plugs, wires and cap and rotor are fairly new. I plan to tune it to get the maximum gains from my set up after the nitrous install. All help is welcome and appreciated.

-Corbin

• Sponsors (?)

You need 1-2 steps colder heat range for the plugs. Also you should take out 2* of timing and run 93 octane gas. I ran 10* adv(stock timing) on mine with a 100 shot without any problems. I even ran more(12*) with a mix of 100/93octane. Car didn't run any faster so I left it stock. Don't run 87!! I'd probably start at 8* and 2 heat ranges colder for safety and adj from there. Better safe than sorry. But 100 shot is fairly conservative/safe. Just read all the instructions and install everything correctly.

on 100 if your base timing is at 10 i wouldnt touch it... if you have your base timing at in the 14-16 range like most guys. id pull 2 to start maybe only 1. i ran 11 on a 150 and i think i could have done 12.
id get a plug 1 heat range colder and gap them around .038 and if it starts to breakup at higher RPM id close them up to .030

on a 250 i pussied out and pulled a bunch that i didnt need too. and it was slower to the 60 (chattered the tires) by .1 and still picked up another .1 to the 660. so i think had i not spun and i leaned on her i could have ran near 10* on a 250 shot and picked up a good bit over the smaller shot.

id also put at least a 190LPH pump in it. (got one cheap that i ran on a 150.. put a 255 in it when i went to the 250)

Reactions: 1 user
I used to run 125hp shot with colder plugs, timing at 10*, 255 lph fuel pump, 92 octane fuel. 89 LX 5 spd, shorty headers, h pipe, flowmasters, power pullys, 3.55 gear, SSM traction bars, March ram air, phenolic manifold spacer, regular B F Goodrich radials (not drags) Everything else stock. I ran 12.7's at 108mph granny shifting at Byron Drag Way. I'm guessing with drag radials and a few more bolt ons it would have run low 12's.