nitrous on v6

• Sponsors (?)

For what Faz?.. Pics.... Hahahahahah Ohhhhhh I think not Faz....LOL.... I already create a vortex in the force, simply by posting. Pics would be bad.. Plus, I am just a 34 year old MILF. You have a nice looking gal there. Although my clevage may be a little better. Hahahahahaha

BACK ON TOPIC BEFORE DUNER SNAGS ME FOR THIS!

Yes, Whipple.... Wait on it Faz. We will see. You have the 'Bra and that should get you by.

Jenn

squares98 said:
looks like a man with tits :lol: :rlaugh:

From a woman's point of view, it looks like it is early in the morning and she is getting ready for work. She has no make-up on that is all. And I saw no excessivley large boobs on FAZ? :shrug:

On behalf of Faz, I would like to say :nono: :fuss: :notnice: :uzi: :flame: :chair:

That's all.

hes the same guy that came in a while ago bashin on 6's we kind of ignore him now ;)
and no, i dont have large tits, im probably below an a cup lol. she on the other hand is a D. and yes jenn, you nailed it, she sent me that ayer (yesterday) at like 8:15 (gettin ready for school). She doesnt really ever wear makeup, unless we go clubbing or somin.

But ya, if whipple makes one, count me in.

non cameraphone pic, shes on the right, cousin on the left

fazm83 said:
hes the same guy that came in a while ago bashin on 6's we kind of ignore him now ;)
and no, i dont have large tits, im probably below an a cup lol. she on the other hand is a D. and yes jenn, you nailed it, she sent me that ayer (yesterday) at like 8:15 (gettin ready for school). She doesnt really ever wear makeup, unless we go clubbing or somin.

Yep.. She is a hottie..... :hail2: You are a fortunate young man it seems in all your endeavors. :nice:

fazm83 said:

The cousin is a hottie too! :nice:

MSP said:
LOL!! Damn Fazm83, your full of stories to tell.. LOL!! Broke your back, Shop burned down! Whooo!! How do you manage? I guess all the Mustangs you own help keep you sane I guess.. Thats a good thing! :nice:

Glad your Cobra is coming along.. Remember, its just a supplement for us V6 guys.. When the GT guys come around, you can pop in and tell them, you own an 03 Cobra, and its no where near as fast as our V6's! LOL!! HHEHEHEHE!!

cobra232

Welcome man!! Nice to meet ya! So you say you have a 3.8 putting some serious power to the ground huh? Nice.. I too like the idea of us V6'ers keeping the 7.5 and upgrading as needed.. I think its part of the whole package ya know.. V6 as opposed to V8, 7.5 as opposed to 8.8.. I think we should all upgrade our existing 7.5's.. Is it wrong to assume the 7.5 is somewhat lighter than the 8.8? Not sure..

Also, how about you get some links posted for the Auburn parts, and the girdle? Thanks man..

fazm83

Seeing that your bank account will be nice and fat, why not test out the Procharger for your V6? LOL!! Somebodys got to do it! Might as well be you!. Seeing that you already have an 03 Cobra, this will be an easy one for ya! LOL! :D
here is the girdle link
http://www.taperformance.com/rearend.htm

i think somebody already posted it but that's ok
it is part#TA 1805 and also it is a wise choice to add the bearing cap stud kit which is part# TA 1816 for an extra $20

as for the Auburn LSD
click the below link
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1189&prmenbr=361
part# 109-542023

also if the auburn is added i would advise on using a richmond gear install kit no matter how low the milage on the car is. if you are going to jump into the rear and invest money you might as well eliminate any doubt of a par or bearing failing. also follow a good break-in procedure to ensure the bearings get seated properly without getting too hot

the install kit from jegs is part#836-83-1045-1

the 7.5 is about 40lbs lighter than the 8.8 i believe but really not weaker with an auburn LSD

here is a pic of my girdle
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8456/pics.2_031.jpg
and my engine bay
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8456/pics.1_001.jpg

i am happy the 4.0 has hit the ground running hard. i am sad the essex was replaced but all good things come to an end.

my 3.8 is currently awaiting a rebuild. i don't have enough funds for the machine work
here is a list of mods some completed some not yet
rpm 215/230 cam
1.8 roller rockers
.030" over ross pistons
eagle H-beam 351 rods
ported heads/intakes
11psi procharger with smaller pulley for 18psi
42lb injectors
Pro-m Univer MAF
rhodes variable dur lifters

there is more but i'll insert it in a sig later

imo the 4.0 should do nicely with 3.73's or 4.10's it is kind of rev happy so it could use the extra gearing on the top rpm range

www.supersixmotorsports.com has some really nice ported heads for you 4.0 guy's now if you already don't know.

keep up the good modding. and thanks for the nice welcome from the 4.0 crowd

I guess right now that we have the rear end issues thought out we can turn to the internals as far as it's ability to withstand power added applications. SSM is well ahead of the game and have been for years. I trust their break-down analysis second to none! :nice: From what SSM is saying each cylinder is surrounded by 4 head bolt holes and 8, large coolant holes. Based on SSMs breakdown inspection, the deck integrity has been compromised on the engine because of the coolant ports that Ford put into the head deck.

Based on my read, SSM has already encountered evidence of blown head gaskets on S/C 4.0 at only 8 psi.

Also since it appears that the stock compression ratio of 9.7:1 and poor deck integrity of the cylinder heads will lead to head gasket failure in power adder applications they are suggesting a reduction in the compression ratio from 9.7:1 to 9.0:1 and suggesting doing this with high strength forged pistons that are dished to reduce the static compression ratio to eliminate the problems associated with high compression ratios in supercharged applications.

They were not very thrilled with the Torx-head torque-to-yield stock head bolts.

So, it appears that replacing pistons with forged ones and replacing the head studs are the ticket to holding the head if we go with supercharging.

For nitrous applications, they didn't indicate a problem with the piston design, but commented on retaining the 9.7:1 stock.

It appears that based on what I have researched, the engine is better designed for nitrous applications or N/A build-ups.

Which is just a bummer. It sounds like S/Cing this is going to require a good rebuild from the Bottom-Up.

No Whipple for Jenn even if they made one. I would rather get a GT and Whipple it then. Hahahahahaha.....

The mention adding good rod bolts and the race-prepped rods to surpass 350
horsepower. I found this interesting since we have all seen this figure met by Mike @ PowerHouse. Interesting.....

It sounds like the cylinder length is adequate for a stroke increase up to 3.5” with a 3.980 bore, to achieve an end displacement of 4.3L which should make outstanding efficiency based on the intake port characteristics of the SOHC
heads. WOOT! .3 behind the GTs.... LOL....

Comments...additional thoughts...

Jenns05Stang said:
I guess right now that we have the rear end issues thought out we can turn to the internals as far as it's ability to withstand power added applications. SSM is well ahead of the game and have been for years. I trust their break-down analysis second to none! :nice: From what SSM is saying each cylinder is surrounded by 4 head bolt holes and 8, large coolant holes. Based on SSMs breakdown inspection, the deck integrity has been compromised on the engine because of the coolant ports that Ford put into the head deck.

Based on my read, SSM has already encountered evidence of blown head gaskets on S/C 4.0 at only 8 psi.

Also since it appears that the stock compression ratio of 9.7:1 and poor deck integrity of the cylinder heads will lead to head gasket failure in power adder applications they are suggesting a reduction in the compression ratio from 9.7:1 to 9.0:1 and suggesting doing this with high strength forged pistons that are dished to reduce the static compression ratio to eliminate the problems associated with high compression ratios in supercharged applications.

They were not very thrilled with the Torx-head torque-to-yield stock head bolts.

So, it appears that replacing pistons with forged ones and replacing the head studs are the ticket to holding the head if we go with supercharging.

For nitrous applications, they didn't indicate a problem with the piston design, but commented on retaining the 9.7:1 stock.

It appears that based on what I have researched, the engine is better designed for nitrous applications or N/A build-ups.

Which is just a bummer. It sounds like S/Cing this is going to require a good rebuild from the Bottom-Up.

No Whipple for Jenn even if they made one. I would rather get a GT and Whipple it then. Hahahahahaha.....

The mention adding good rod bolts and the race-prepped rods to surpass 350
horsepower. I found this interesting since we have all seen this figure met by Mike @ PowerHouse. Interesting.....

It sounds like the cylinder length is adequate for a stroke increase up to 3.5” with a 3.980 bore, to achieve an end displacement of 4.3L which should make outstanding efficiency based on the intake port characteristics of the SOHC
heads. WOOT! .3 behind the GTs.... LOL....

Comments...additional thoughts...

I showed that SSM to my tuner Lidio from Alternative Auto... He is one of the top Mustang guys anywhere... (he been building FAST Mustang for a long time...)

We went over the part about the 4.0L not lending itself to S/C... On the compression ratio he bascially said this... (I'm paraphrasing here..) SSM is a little behind the times... The compression ratio issue is not really an issue, you simply adjust/compenstate for all of that when you tune it... it's not like the old days...

I've also talked with Explorer Express, who'll be coming out with an S/C. Basically the same motor in Explorer and Rangers...and they are S/Cing those with out major problems...

And in talking with guys at the car show... the guys who know the 4.0L and aren't trying to sell anything... simply there looking at the cars.. LOL! They pretty much agree, if we don't get greedy, like go way over 300HP, the 4.0L should hold up fine...

Time will tell... LOL!

In regards to just using Nitrous as your power-adder, this is the best short term solution.. There is nothing else we can do to the cars with such a small investment, and get back such huge gains..

I dont know.. I tend to think a good first mod is going for Nitrous.. This allows you to put money into other area's of the car that need to be built up..

While the Procharger will consume by itself before installation a good chunk of change.. I really like the Nitrous first route..

Good Morning Fellas!

scrming,

WOOT! Thanks bud. That sets my mind at ease. Being a mom now I am a tad limited to getting out and interacting like I used to, so I appreciate your ability to do so (and am a tad jealous... LOL)...

Back on track to at least 300 and that will set just fine with me.

Although nitrous does seem to be a good alternative to the S/C, I have long thought that nitrous as a shot boost is more of a track application. I am looking for more of a daily driver 300 - 350HP vehicle that I can also be track at Sacramento Raceway for grudge matches and a their annual Mustang Madness events.

Jenn

Morning Jenn! Of course there is no replacement for 350HP which is yours permanently! LOL!! With nitrous, you only own the 350HP for as long as the bottle is filled!

But on the overall scheme of things, I just like how nitrous allows you to play with the bigboys out of the box.. LOL! In our case, without doing any major engine modifications..

I truley think Ford purposely designed our engines for the purpose of aftermarket Nitrous applications.. This is evident in the compression ratio, and piston type..

Ford could have easily just dropped in the stock explorer engines into our cars with a slightly different cam..

I dont think its by luck, our engines are designed to take full advantage of nitrous without any additional work to the internals up to 300+ RWHP.. This is not something that happend by chance.. It was something planned.. I have said this before.. Ford made a calculated move to make sure the new Mustang platform was fun with both engines just in case the world attitude changed against big V8 power.. As we sit here right now, this is taking place..

I believe that in this round of Mustangs, the V6 in time will be viewed as just as popular, if not more popular than the V8's.. I actually think in the next few years, the most sought after Mustangs will be the 4.0's.. Granted the best of the best will install the longrods and create strokers.. But its nice to know that rolling a stock v6 off the showroom floor has the ability to hit 300+ HP effortlessly using nitrous..

Stand anyone in a showroom, and lay out the perspective to them in regards to the GT.. Now we all know the MPG is about the same, but the perception will be the V6 is better.. Insurance is much cheaper, and I can still supercharge it, because the kits are out now.. I can add nitrous for $600 bucks and spank GT's.. I can install 351 connecting rods, and make a 4.3L stroker.. The possibilities are endless..

All this for a lot cheaper than owning a GT over the course of 5 years..

You have to ask yourself.. What fool would seriously choose the GT over the V6..? LOL!! No flames guys.. We all love the GT! :D But seriously, the time is coming when Ford will be Forced based on sales numbers and a change in attitudes against V8's that a Supercharged V6 Mustang is coming.. As much as Ford may be against it, the economy of scales is going to demand it..

Trust me, the next Corvette Killer besides the GT500, is going to be a Supercharged V6 Mustang! From the Ford Factory with its own production numbers! :nice:

Ok... tell me if I'm crazy...

I was leaning towards some type of S/C... Now my car is quick around town and is a blast to drive... But sometimes I'ld like a little more... like at the track... I like the idea of the S/C always being available... but dang.... with the way gas jumped up today... do i always want to to have to buy 91 or 93 for the S/C... And will the parasitic drag drop my MPG a little?? LOL! So now I'm thinking Nitrous... I can run 87 or 89 most of the time... but if I know ahead of time that I'm going to the track... run the tank down and fill up with the good stuff... I realize that you'ld have to plan to use the Nitrous but dang... when premimum is $3.59... hmmmm.... Nitrous might have to work for now... LOL

MSP said:
Morning Jenn! Of course there is no replacement for 350HP which is yours permanently! LOL!! With nitrous, you only own the 350HP for as long as the bottle is filled!

But on the overall scheme of things, I just like how nitrous allows you to play with the bigboys out of the box.. LOL! In our case, without doing any major engine modifications..

I truley think Ford purposely designed our engines for the purpose of aftermarket Nitrous applications.. This is evident in the compression ratio, and piston type..

Ford could have easily just dropped in the stock explorer engines into our cars with a slightly different cam..

I dont think its by luck, our engines are designed to take full advantage of nitrous without any additional work to the internals up to 300+ RWHP.. This is not something that happend by chance.. It was something planned.. I have said this before.. Ford made a calculated move to make sure the new Mustang platform was fun with both engines just in case the world attitude changed against big V8 power.. As we sit here right now, this is taking place..

I believe that in this round of Mustangs, the V6 in time will be viewed as just as popular, if not more popular than the V8's.. I actually think in the next few years, the most sought after Mustangs will be the 4.0's.. Granted the best of the best will install the longrods and create strokers.. But its nice to know that rolling a stock v6 off the showroom floor has the ability to hit 300+ HP effortlessly using nitrous..

Stand anyone in a showroom, and lay out the perspective to them in regards to the GT.. Now we all know the MPG is about the same, but the perception will be the V6 is better.. Insurance is much cheaper, and I can still supercharge it, because the kits are out now.. I can add nitrous for $600 bucks and spank GT's.. I can install 351 connecting rods, and make a 4.3L stroker.. The possibilities are endless..

All this for a lot cheaper than owning a GT over the course of 5 years..

You have to ask yourself.. What fool would seriously choose the GT over the V6..? LOL!! No flames guys.. We all love the GT! :D But seriously, the time is coming when Ford will be Forced based on sales numbers and a change in attitudes against V8's that a Supercharged V6 Mustang is coming.. As much as Ford may be against it, the economy of scales is going to demand it..

Trust me, the next Corvette Killer besides the GT500, is going to be a Supercharged V6 Mustang! From the Ford Factory with its own production numbers! :nice:

the 4.0 already had forged rods in the explorer and the same pistons before it was in the stang. so no i don't believe ford was intending the 4.0 mustang to be a tuner car.

they axed the essex for 1 reason. ford wanted all mustang engines to be OHC designs. a pushrod base engine was not acceptable to most consumers when the competition all are using OHC

the 351 rods will not work in the 4.0 to make it a 4.3

351 rod journals are much larger and will fit the essex 3.8,3.9,4.2 engines

i do agree that the 4.0 will be a great success in the stang. the 3.8 was for sure but i don't see ford making a blown factory V6 stang.

they toyed with the idea back in 94 using a supercoupe 3.8 dropped into an SN95. it beat the 5.0 mustang in every test but ford developed v8 power back in the 1930's and have always banked on their V8 heritage so there would be no ford v6 to out compete their own v8. the same will still hold true today

ford won't change which is sad. if ford would have turbo'd the 3.8 in the mid 80's in the fox body to compete with buicks t-type and GN the 5.0 would have quickly been made obsolete and the buick would have likely not have become such a cult status car. ford instead turbo'd the 2.3 so it would not outcompete the 5.0

they will never kill their V8 heritage

cobra232 said:
the 4.0 already had forged rods in the explorer and the same pistons before it was in the stang. so no i don't believe ford was intending the 4.0 mustang to be a tuner car.

they axed the essex for 1 reason. ford wanted all mustang engines to be OHC designs. a pushrod base engine was not acceptable to most consumers when the competition all are using OHC

the 351 rods will not work in the 4.0 to make it a 4.3

351 rod journals are much larger and will fit the essex 3.8,3.9,4.2 engines

i do agree that the 4.0 will be a great success in the stang. the 3.8 was for sure but i don't see ford making a blown factory V6 stang.

they toyed with the idea back in 94 using a supercoupe 3.8 dropped into an SN95. it beat the 5.0 mustang in every test but ford developed v8 power back in the 1930's and have always banked on their V8 heritage so there would be no ford v6 to out compete their own v8. the same will still hold true today

ford won't change which is sad. if ford would have turbo'd the 3.8 in the mid 80's in the fox body to compete with buicks t-type and GN the 5.0 would have quickly been made obsolete and the buick would have likely not have become such a cult status car. ford instead turbo'd the 2.3 so it would not outcompete the 5.0

they will never kill their V8 heritage

Makes alot of sense.. Thanks for sharing your perspective.. Guess I mis-understood the part about the connecting rods, I think... Need to double check..