Nitrous questions with 96 Cobra

Ok, first off i'm a poor college kid thats only 19, but thats beside the point, l am looking at adding a power adder to my cobra and it seems as if nitrous is the cheapest way to go for me. I'm only going to be making around 4 grand this summer, minus what I spend on some new rims. But my questions are what is EVERY thing that I would need to buy for supporting mods, i'm looking into running a safe set up with some giggle gas. I was thinking of a 100 shot. Would I need forged internals, bigger fuel pump, ect. I'm looking for anyones info on this. Labor is not a factor for me so i'm willing to spend the money to do it right and not blow an engine, engine has 81,000 so I was thinking it would be a good idea to strengthen the motor. The mods that I have done to the 96 cobra right now are, 4.10s, pro 5.0 shifter, and magnaflow catback, also bbk long tubes and off road x to be installed when everything comes together. ANY and ALL advice would be helpful. Thanks a bunch everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

96MustangCobra said:
Ok, first off i'm a poor college kid thats only 19, but thats beside the point, l am looking at adding a power adder to my cobra and it seems as if nitrous is the cheapest way to go for me. I'm only going to be making around 4 grand this summer, minus what I spend on some new rims. But my questions are what is EVERY thing that I would need to buy for supporting mods, i'm looking into running a safe set up with some giggle gas. I was thinking of a 100 shot. Would I need forged internals, bigger fuel pump, ect. I'm looking for anyones info on this. Labor is not a factor for me so i'm willing to spend the money to do it right and not blow an engine, engine has 81,000 so I was thinking it would be a good idea to strengthen the motor. The mods that I have done to the 96 cobra right now are, 4.10s, pro 5.0 shifter, and magnaflow catback, also bbk long tubes and off road x to be installed when everything comes together. ANY and ALL advice would be helpful. Thanks a bunch everyone.

If you're poor as stated above, you will be unable to safely set up your car. N2O - yes, its the cheapest way to add power, but to make it safe, you need to spend some cha-ching. The more money you spend, the safer it will be - but the single most important thing you need to know before even lifting that hood - is be willing and prepared to blow something up. If that's unacceptable to you, then do not mod the car (power-wise). Post back on how much you are willing to spend, and we can give you a pretty good safety net of parts to get.

peace

hey, Im am wondering if you have gotten new rims yet, I would like to buy your stock cobra rims from you. I also agree with the above statement, if you are poor, then you should stay stock and reliable as long as possible. I have a daily driver, so if I blow up my 96 Cobra I can drive my beater for a few months while I save to make repairs. Let me know about the rims. I also have a full set of 99 SVT rims I would like to get rid of, maybe a trade or something. Thanks
[email protected]

I will have three grand to spend performance, and my car is not a everyday driver. eight to nine months out of the year it will be sitting in my parents garage, there is no way my car would see a campus where I go to school at. So I am willing to spend some money on my car, because I will also have a job up at school when I go back. All the money I earn goes towards my car.

96MustangCobra said:

My plans for my nitrous kit are 255 intank pump, fuel and nitrous gauges to try and prevent a blown engine, purge valve, remote opener, bottle heater, custom burned flip chip. a 100hp hit with this set up would be safe, JMO. :flag:

john98 do you have any 1/4 mile times for your car as of yet??? just curiopus as our parts combination is very similiar.....but as for nitrous yes it is cheap but i agree with all that say to safely set it up you do need a few more things...i personally have a wide band o2, fuel pressure regulator, fuel press. gauge, nitrous gauge, msd digital 4, wires, and a few others.....im expecting to blow my motor at the end of this season because a new motor is being built over the winter.....and i must say im one of those screwed up guys that cant take a running motor out of a car lol.....i have to break it before i pull it...sounds stupid but thats the way i am

If I am not mistaken do a search on Ebay for "Nitrous Express Gen X" and you will find that a dude in Jersey has a Gen X kit with Bottle warmer, blow down tube, fuel pressure switch, liquid filled bottle pressure and transducer NIP, only 200 with shipping NIP. Bought it on Tuesday and received it on Friday, still in the bubble packaging. Defiently worth it!