No covertible until next February?

mapostol

Mar 27, 2002
Someone please tell me it isn't so, why in the world do I have to wait an extra 6 months to get the convertible? :bang:

Has anyone heard any rumors of the 05 convertible GT coming out any time before February of 2005?

• Sponsors (?)

Because it takes a lot of work to introduce a new car. Once the coupe production is up to full speed the guys at Ford will have time to work on the vert.

People on this board really don't appreicate how much work goes into building a car.

shatner saves said:
Who want's a vert in october anyway?

Great point, Why by a vert during the winter months. I don't think it is a big deal. It would be a big deal if the Coupe came out in April and then you had to wait until the end of summer to get the vert.

Ron Jeremy said:
Not me. I think that the vert is ugly. :notnice: The fastback looks much nicer. So, I don't care about the vert.

I have not seen pics of the actual vert - just the concept car. I think the concept vert looks great! Do you have any of the actual vert?

shatner saves said:

Depends upon where you live. October in SE Texas, where I'm at, can be perfect weather for top-down driving. Not too cold, not too hot.

That said, I'm not really interested in a Mustang convertible. A GT hardtop will do for me.

JJZ109 said:
Depends upon where you live. October in SE Texas, where I'm at, can be perfect weather for top-down driving. Not too cold, not too hot.

That said, I'm not really interested in a Mustang convertible. A GT hardtop will do for me.

Here in Arizona, the best convertible weather will be missed - October - March. I guess it is hard for Ford to plan around 1 state...

I suppose you could have it now or you could have it done right. I would imagine it's more a matter of capacity than development time.

I never thought the SN95 made a very good looking vert. It looked OK but the proportions just seemed a little off to me. The hood was a bit too short, the rear deck looked a bit high, the cabin looked a bit oversized with the top down. This is probably true for most 4 seat vert's nowdays.

The more extreme rescent example of this is the Chevy Cavalier. The last gen. (before GM restyled it for '03 :puke: ), IMO was a pretty tight looking little coupe. The vert was just disgusting.

I think the S197 will make a stellar looking convertable.

photochop anyone?

Ron Jeremy said:
I like the current 99-04 Mustang verts a whole lot better than the 2005. I only like the 2005 fastback. A fastback doesn't look as nice in a convertible. The body looks somewhat disporportionate in a vert. The fasback doesn't.

Yes, fastback. Give me an '05 fastback. It's got the look.

...umm...if they're aren't any pics of the '05 'vert how can you be so sure it won't look good?... :shrug:

I wasn't a big fan of the concept 'vert but personally I'll withhold judgement until I see a production version...

shatner saves said:

wavey.gif

I live in Florida. I use my Vert 11 months out the year.