No oiling from rocker on my 331 *VID*

Scary stuff!!!

Well I blew it out the best I could with no luck. I even took one of my stock lifters and tried it and it blew the oil right out of em no problem.

Seems as though it's best to blow air through the lifter to make sure the passage is not blocked BEFORE assembly.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear em. Otherwise looks like the intake comes back off again (for the 100th freakin time)

Are these lifters garbage or what? Most people I talked to never seen a lifter clogged thats brand new.

Hooray for Ford Quality Control!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

UPDATE

Took my intake off last night and turned the oil pump over to see whats up. Well the lifters dont seem to be the problem as I switched them with another one and same scenario. The oil does come out of the lifter but not enough to actually reach the top of the pushrod.

Here are my thoughts...

Looking in the dizzy hole while priming the motor, the oil drains out of the oiling passage for the lifters very quickly (No blockage in oil passages). The lifter which is causing my problem is the closest one to this drain hole. I would think a plug of some sort with a smaller hole to keep the oil pressure up in the passage would rectify my problem and let oil reach the rocker arm.

It seems as though the passenger side oils VERY quickly and LOTS of oil comes out of the rockers. The Drivers side takes a little longer and oils from back to front, finally draining off into the dizzy hole.

If anyone has anything else to add, that would be fantastic because right now I'm stuck if I should "live" with this or actually do something about it. The rocker and pushrod or wearing normally so it is receiving some kind of lubrication (maybe just enough to do the job but I don't see anything coming out, even at 3,000 rpms)

I appreciate everyones help!!!