No swaybar, seriously how harsh?

I have a $350 set of rod ended control arms on my car from QA1, that do not have a spot to mount the sway bar. This was fine on my "drag car" because it didn't even have a sway bar, but now that I am putting my tubular front suspension on my DD, I am really thinking about ditching them.

a pair of bushing ended tubular control arms from QA1 with the swaybar mount is $170.

Anyone consider it dangerous for the street to not have a sway bar? I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to spend it if I don't need too.

Also, does anyone know of a manual steering shaft that is cheaper than the flaming river piece?

• Sponsors (?)

With skinnies it's not too bad but with 17s they'll pull you around on the road a little when you're on uneven pavement. Make absolutely sure you have a good alignment and it's not quite as bad. Just don't expect to corner as quick and sharp as usual.

With skinnies it's not too bad but with 17s they'll pull you around on the road a little when you're on uneven pavement. Make absolutely sure you have a good alignment and it's not quite as bad. Just don't expect to corner as quick and sharp as usual.

exactly. i never put the sway bar on the coupe i built. putting 3.5" draglites up front kept me from cornering hard anyway. just don't plan on taking corners too fast.

havnt had a swaybar on my car for 2 years now and I drive it every day. Id never put it back on. Drives just fine on the highway never noticed a difference, the front comes up much higher though when you nail it.

Something interesting about sway bars......if anyone is familiar with the Griggs company then you probably have seen 'Old Blue' which is their trusty blue coupe they've been racing and testing parts on for years. That car has NO say bars front or back, yet hooks like nobody's business in the corners....it doesn't hurt though that it has a custom double A arm setup in the front and doesn't use the shock towers anymore either :D

I read that the car is still really loose though even though it hooks, so there's still something to be said about running SB's if you're into open track or autox or something. I'll be getting aftermarket bars for mine with urathane bushings for mine.