non-ho cam in ho roller motor?????

cornholio47

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
winston salem, nc
is this possible? i was told of an engine that i was thinking of buying and the guy said that it was a roller motor but and it was a ho but it had a non ho cam and it had a non ho firing order. doesnt the crank determine the firing order?? dont you time the cam with the crank? something doesnt sound right to me.

• Sponsors (?)

The camshaft dictates the firing order. I you buy this motor you will have to rewire the injector harness to get the injector's to fire in sequence with the ignition firing order the 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. Non H.O. Firing order. Other then that it should run fine.

well im going with a aftermarket roller cam anyway when i put it in so i should be good. and im using the injectors and evrything off my car also.i was thinking about going with a b cam. i still have a 2:73 gear.. wont that hurt my bottom end but open up my top end more?

I'd get some gears before going to a different cam; B-cam + 2.73's = DOG Also, why in the HELL would a guy put a non-HO cam in the HO motor? Sounds like someone may be trying to sell you a run of the mill 5.0 out of a grand marquis or something.