Noob question (doesnt really need to be in tech)

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
i hear of peolpe installing there clutches in backwards. i was looking at my old clutch and if someone did that the pressure plate would come close to touching the flywheel cause off those springs sticking out. when i installed mine i cant remember if the disk was installed righ tor not. the clutch feels real hard to depress but i am using the stock/rigged with washer 4 banger cable. is there anyway to tell other than removing the entire transmission and clutch kit?

im gonna swap in my v8 cable and see if it feels right but for the life of me i cant remmeber if i installed it right or not. i remmeber seeing "flywheel side" on it but i was getting in a rush.

• Sponsors (?)

does it grip normally? if it's in backwards it should squeal like a mother and not grab hardly at all...steel on steel contact(flywheel bolts and clutch disc), so i would assume it's in correct if other than the pedal feels normal

SON OF A BITCH..DMAN IT THIS CAR IS GONNA DRIVE ME MOTHER ****ING CRAZY....

ok well the clutch feels kinda stiff but not to bad and when i let out idling it does fine but as soon as i get on it it slips. WTF. screw it im going to tech. i need help.

did you use the right throw out bearing?? I have gotten at least two clutch kits in the past that had the wrong bearing. it really sucked when one of them was for an isuzu and I had to wait three weeks for another one to come from japan