NOS Nitrous

Lots of Nitrous Questions

Can anyone provide me with a good website or article on Nitrous systems as it pertains to Mustangs? I want to go this route for my mustang but don't know anything about them, like what I need and installation. Also this is my daily driver so do I need to install a chip with 2 tunes. In California we only have 91 Ocatane gas (a least in my area), would that be a problem. I see some people with 2 tanks, is there an advantage or is just in case you run out?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just installed a NOS Sniper kit for EFI V8's - it is a wet/fogger kit. Installation is very easy, hardest part is running the cables and mounting the bottle. Came with all the hardware I needed; except bolts for mounting the bottle. Works like a charm.

Bought it at Wells Performance here in Jacksonville. The only thing NX will do for you is provide bigger jets(nozzles). So it's not giving you more power per pound of nitrous - if that makes sense. The jets on the NX kit are more "dyno accurate". Whatever brand you get - get a window switch, so you can have a set RPM range to use the nitrous in. A purge solenoid is also not a bad idea - because liquid nitro is useless for boost.

I LOVED my NOS Noszle setup on my 02 GT - although it's an expensive kit, it's also very safe. I picked mine up used for a song. I had a window switch 3-6K, an electronic WOT switch (no micro switch) and a FPSS. I hit it with 125HP shot and had no issues whatsoever. I also ran a KB BAP and a Plasma Booster.
Yeah, and you NEED a purge too.

The only thing I suggest is not to budget and skip out on the safety items ;)

I was running the msd digital window switch, kit designed to only activate WOT. I skipped out on the purge and now that'll be my next addition to my kit since I have problems at the track due to it. Nothing worse than expecting a hit and not getting it :(