NosZle v.s. Fogger.... Opinions please

Hi guys,

im looking at nitrous kits for the Saleen and was wondering the total benefits of the Noszle system over a regular fogger nosle set-up.

I know the direct port will help get a better mixture in to each cylinder but is it really worth the extra $900 !!!!!

I was told that as i am running a blower, the fogger would work fine as the extra air velocity of the blower would help atomise and mix the gas in the intake anyway..

So im here looking for advice and experience guys...

any opinions/idea/recommendations/advice greatly recieved :nice:

thanks

EDGE

• Sponsors (?)

EDGE Motorsport said:
Hi guys,

im looking at nitrous kits for the Saleen and was wondering the total benefits of the Noszle system over a regular fogger nosle set-up.

I know the direct port will help get a better mixture in to each cylinder but is it really worth the extra $900 !!!!!

I was told that as i am running a blower, the fogger would work fine as the extra air velocity of the blower would help atomise and mix the gas in the intake anyway..

So im here looking for advice and experience guys...

any opinions/idea/recommendations/advice greatly recieved :nice:

thanks

EDGE

The fogger is the safer way to go. if i had extra money i would have gotten that :nice:

EDGE Motorsport said:
so then, so far we're thinking that the $500 single fogger in the intake trac is better than the $1400 direct port system......

really ??

Im not doubting anyones opinion but if the fogger is better, ill probably be buying that and saving the $900 for forged bits... :nice:

EDGE
I'm such an idiot, i meant to say the direct port!!!!!!! im sorry! they are both good though :nice:

I've had a dry, wet, and now have the nos direct port system. The direct port is by far the safest! I blew up my stock intake with a single fogger kit, lol. However, with a s/c a single fogger is the best way to go. You're using the nitrous more as an intercooler. With a 75 shot you can expect 75-100 extra rwhp.

blackink00 said:
instead of doing the noszle i would do a NX fogger. you should have no problem with it. i say NX because NOS rates at flywheel which suck. :notnice:

I was making 200rwhp through a single fogger wet kit and it puddled, blowing up my intake. With up to a 125 shot I wouldn't even worry about puddling and a 150 is slightly risky.

As far as flywheel to tire rating, who cares. It doesn't make one kit better than the other. If you're getting 125rwhp then 150 nos would make the same. It just sounds good when giving numbers. Its simply an orifice and if you matched up jets of the same "hole" size, they will put out very similar numbers, not matter what the company rates them at.

However, I do wish they would all give them in rwhp numbers because that is all that really matters. I call mine a 200 shot even though I have jets for a 225 due to that being what it makes additionally on the gas :shrug:

triggz said:
Nozzle system. I've heard a lot of complaints about the fogger systems having complications. You might consider getting the NX Plate, it will do good to eliminate the chance of puddling.

The plate system does sound pretty cool but I'd like to see some users input. I have heard of people having problems with the nozzle kit but am not sure what they were. Mine took exactly two pulls to be dynoed correctly :shrug:

thanks for the ideas guys.

the problem isnt to cost involved (although that is a consideration) but i was told that with a supercharger, a fogger was best as it should illiminate any puddling anyway ?!?!? not sure how but something to do with the aire flowing faster through the intake and atomising the gas/nitrous mix better...

i guess i could get a fogger, and maybe upgrade to a noszle later ? you can buy the bits seperately.

Im thinking that the fogger idea makes plausable sense now actually, with all the aire rushing past it... hmmmmmmmmm

EDGE