not a fox, but would you pay $2g's for this?

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
so i think i'm about to pick this 95 up for $2000. apparently he's in some legal trouble so he needs to sell this off asap to get some cash, reason being why it's so cheap. i still need to go look at it in person, but i've been talking to the guy and he gave me some info on it. i don't have all the info, but here's what i've gathered so far:

95 GT

rebuilt 302 motor less than 50mi ago, switched to carb
i believe its a 5 speed
rebuilt rear
AFR 185 heads
edelbrock performer RPM intake
don't remember carb, maybe one of you guys can tell from the vid below
x cam
stock bottom end
adjustable 200 shot
full exhaust (don't know details)
e fan
pullies

like i said, i still need to go look at it in person later today or tomorrow; i'll get all the little details then and there. here's a little vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO5FecQH-dE

tell me what you guys think

• Sponsors (?)

Even if it's stock, you can part it out for more than 2G's. We do it at the JY all the time. I know we have a different market, than ebay or selling at swap meets and friends, but still. 2K is cheap. I sold a stock hood for 350 last week.

Get it! I'm at work so I cant see the vid, I dont know what the condition of the body is, I hate the idea of parting out a good road worthy 'stang. If it can be shined up you can flip the whole car for more than 2g's.

Although I might do a head swap before I sold it.:p

Get it! I'm at work so I cant see the vid, I dont know what the condition of the body is, I hate the idea of parting out a good road worthy 'stang. If it can be shined up you can flip the whole car for more than 2g's.

Although I might do a head swap before I sold it.:p

yeah that's exactly what i plan on doing with it. i dont want to go through the hassle of parting it out, i'm just gonna flip it for easily more than 2g's. and yes, i am going to pull those afr's off :D. i'm debating whether i should throw my thumpers on there and sell it with them or just throw some stock e7's on it.

Hell yeah get it. Why not just pimp it? I love Foxes and have had alot and will buy another before the summers out but a SN handles, stops, rides so much better and gets better mileage. Of course the engine combo here negates the last plus :p
Im fat so the Fox is more comfertable for me inside but the fit in finish in SNs is far superior.

Dont Flame me everyone, remember I am selling my snake to get another Fox :hide:

yeah that's exactly what i plan on doing with it. i dont want to go through the hassle of parting it out, i'm just gonna flip it for easily more than 2g's. and yes, i am going to pull those afr's off :D. i'm debating whether i should throw my thumpers on there and sell it with them or just throw some stock e7's on it.

I would put some regular E7's on there because I think the 185's might be a little big for your engine.:shrug: I guess they worked well for the other car because it has a 200 shot. It looks like you have a strong engine set up in your sig, I'd lay the 185's to the side and use the money from the sold car to get a blower to go with those heads.

I would put some regular E7's on there because I think the 185's might be a little big for your engine.:shrug: I guess they worked well for the other car because it has a 200 shot. It looks like you have a strong engine set up in your sig, I'd lay the 185's to the side and use the money from the sold car to get a blower to go with those heads.

yeah i was thinking about that...i pieced my combo together with mild street car parts and those 185s would definitely stand out from the rest of my combo. I JUST picked up an n-412 cam to go with my thumpers, i don't want to have to get a different cam again, nor do i want to have to buy another intake. in all honesty, would you guys say 185s are too big for any N/A 308 displacement combo, regardless?

yeah i was thinking about that...i pieced my combo together with mild street car parts and those 185s would definitely stand out from the rest of my combo. I JUST picked up an n-412 cam to go with my thumpers, i don't want to have to get a different cam again, nor do i want to have to buy another intake. in all honesty, would you guys say 185s are too big for any N/A 308 displacement combo, regardless?

IMO the 185s are a tad too big for N/A 308, unless you want to turn the motor up higher than normal... like 6500+, not saying they wnt work, they probaby would and make good power, but afr 185s can flow some serious air and a little N/A 308 probably cant take full advantage of them... i'd expect a softer low end it would start making lots of power as rpms rise..... but to take full advantage of the 185s you will have to take the engine up to fairly high rpm, which i wouldnt do for durability's sake if running a stock bottom end....

now if you plan on running a SC thats another story... but N/A on the 308 i feel it would be making most of its power in the higher revs and the midrange will suffer some.
IMO the midrange torque and power is what makes a fast street car moreso than the max HP number on the top.....