Not really a Mustang, but talk nonetheless, 2005 Escape feedback...

How many of you who own Escapes also own Mustangs (and so I count - about to own too)

• I dont, but wouldnt mind picking one up if I could...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Put the poll up for giggles... I am going to count as do, because I am about to own them both, and although I traded in my previous Mustang, it was only because it needed to be (97).

Thanks for the link tjred, I will check that out.

On another note, I picked up the truck yesterday afternoon. Loving it so far. The wife got home and had no idea what I ended up picking, but was very relievedwith the choice. She loved the color and options and is begging me to let her drive it on the weekends at least. I told her if she replaces the gas she used, no problem. :)

Yes, I got the FWD. In researching prior as well as posts here, it seemed the way to go, and honestly dont need AWD anyways. Doesnt really snow here much if at all and I dont really plan on offroading of course. FWD will do fine.

Thanks for that info on the tow package option, that is good to know. I had no idea it had more than just a hitch involved with the OEM one. I guess it needs it, and if it doesnt, good to have anyways. I dont plan to tow much anything though, but I do plan on getting a flat bed trailer eventually for those times I like to pick up 4X8 planks of wood to work with in my garage shop.

Most helpful everyone and I think this is going to be a great car/truck to own. The suv has plenty of go for it's size, and pretty good cargo room as I checked out. The Mach stereo sounds pretty decent for a stock with subwoofer. I drove around all yesterday afternoon and night and ended up with 3/4 tank left. Gets a little better gas mileage than my aging 97 Mustang, so good enough for me.

Edit: Oh I forgot, I'll snap a pick of the new "ride" today after work. Nothing special I know, but it's special to me now.

• Sponsors (?)

I put I do cause my Fiancee has one and I drive it all the time, so it's basically mine also, but she doesn't drive the stang lol. I also have a '95 Ford Ranger XLT with a 5sp and 3.0 V6, that's a pretty fun little beater.

I've got a 2002 Mazda Tribute (same as the escape). I love it, I drive the thing like a stole it and put 520miles on it each weekend with 52,000 miles on it so far, and it has held up great. The only problem I had with it was a bad coil, which was easy to replace. Other than that i'm getting 18mpg city and 21mpg highway (doing over 80, usually around 90). It has plenty of room and the ride is very comfortable. It tows nicely, is excellent in snow, and suprisingly good off road (for a truck that's as low as it is I haven't gotten it stuck yet at job sites). I do wish it had a bit bigger gas tank (maybe 20 gallons instead of 16) and I wish it had some storage under the back seats (where the gas tank is). Other than that I'd say go for it.:)