o/r x-pipe or h-pipe, which is better?

tilt827

Apr 21, 2005
I just have a question on exhuast, this is my first build-up of one of these cars. I have already purchased some basic parts (cai,pullies,weld in flows,and ordering gears 3.55) and was wondering if an x-pipe is better than a h -pipe or the opposite?Is there a better company to buy or are they all about the same? Thanks for your time it's appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

o/r h is deep and great sounding o/r x is a little less throaty sounding but still sounds good. also x pipe frees up a lil more power. but i'm running the shorty o/r h and i love it.

and tilt ive got some 3.55 gears i will sell u if u are interested in perfect shape.

Thanks alot for the info. After I pulled my head out, I done a search and found many threads on this topic. Did not mean to start the same stuff over. Thanks anyway.

silverstangman said:
also x pipe frees up a lil more power.

Not true. Put up some facts or where u got this info that isnt heavily influenced by the same companies that make the parts themselves. George Klass who is head of the exhaust department at accufab has done a lot of testing with h vs x's...and x's do NOT show to make more power.

I have a question...How do yah pass inspection with O/R stuff?

I got the Cat back flowmasters I think 2 chamber, and I pass inspection just fine. I do want headers and a O/R H pipe, but that would do me in with inspection right?

I'm gonna slap on some FFRP 3.73 gears and if I can work around the inspection, get the Mac shortie headers with an o/r H pipe this spring.