O2 Too short with new mid pipe

StanginSean

Aug 19, 2008
Has anyone had any problems with the drivers side front o2 sensor being too short? I read that this was only a problem for the 04's, but I have an 03 and figured it would be alright. Mine is only short by about a 1/2 an inch, and have tighten the pipe as much as possible to get rid of any slack and still no luck. I really dont want to spend $40 on an o2 extension for 1/2 inch. Anyone have this problem or any solutions to fix it? no problem with ghetto rigging it for now since money is extremely tight. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hey

yeah mine was too short i installed a mac o/r x pipe and that bastard was like 1 inch short

i went to ACE and bought some random wires and soldered them into the middle of the o2 sensor extender wires then wrapped a fiberglass heat shield around them drove the car to TN and back from florida right after i did it, no check engine light at all!

or american muscle sells the extenders for like 35 dollars

I actually bought the wire extenders from them and couldnt wait for them to get here (ended up doing my own fix and it worked perfect, got my money back....err am waiting on an rma number so i can send em back )

thanks for the input guys, just ended up calling a muffler shop and am just going to pay them $20 to extend it. didnt want to pay $45 for the extension when i only need like 1/2 inch. Now just to have them tighten up the leaks.