Off Road H-pipe w/ 40 series flowmasters?

Tampa04GT

Mar 17, 2004
Hi,

I just ordered MRT's stainless steel off-road H pipe and flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber muflers.

Trying to get some opinions from you guys since im new at all this only owned my GT for a a few weeks and I decided to start with the exhuast first. Just hope I didnt waste 500 bucks. :(

1. Will this increase any HP from the better airflow?

2. Do you think this setup will be to loud or not sound good at all?

3. What else do I need to do to complete the exhaust part of my car to get as much HP as I can?

any inputs would be awesome

Thanks

David

• Sponsors (?)

1. Will this increase any HP from the better airflow? YES

2. Do you think this setup will be to loud or not sound good at all? It is LOUD , but loud is good . I had this setup before my longtubes , now I have off road hpipe and flows with long tubes since i took my catted x off , only use it for inspections . I love the way it sounds , very intimidating.

3. What else do I need to do to complete the exhaust part of my car to get as much HP as I can? Make sure you replace the factory shanked studs for regular studs. use some lock washers and blue loctite also .

sweet.. I want a loud and agresive sounding GT.

now for this:

factory shanked studs for regular studs. use some lock washers and blue loctite also . :shrug: :shrug:

whats a shanked stud where are they on my gt what is loctite?? lol

where do I do all this or can the shop thats installing my exhaust do it?

awesome GT by the way sonic blue rocks not to mention the SC under the hood :D

Tampa04GT said:
sweet.. I want a loud and agresive sounding GT.

now for this:

factory shanked studs for regular studs. use some lock washers and blue loctite also . :shrug: :shrug:

whats a shanked stud where are they on my gt what is loctite?? lol

where do I do all this or can the shop thats installing my exhaust do it?

awesome GT by the way sonic blue rocks not to mention the SC under the hood :D

Do a search on here , or post a thread asking for the NAPA part numbers for the replacement studs , take the studs with you to the shop and they should have loctite or if they dont have it you could just pick some up at any parts store , just ask for it and someone will help you find it , blue is medium strength just so you know , keeps bolts from backing off . your check engine light will come on , so order some MIL eliminators too , forgot about that . light wont hurt anything , just annoys ya . www.jegs.com ask for the BBK MIL eliminators . Other companies make them but BBK is a good quality and wont give you troubles later .

Congradulations on your GT. I will have the same setup as you eventually except i'll be using the 10-series mufflers (one chamber). I MUST have loud!

and YEAH, sonic blue does rock!

But mine doesn't have a SC under the hood :(

my bad bro... true blue is just as nice.

Why have so many people told me to get a cat-back system and not muflers?

I thought that 2 after market muflers and a O/R h pipe would sound better??

Tampa04GT said:
my bad bro... true blue is just as nice.

Why have so many people told me to get a cat-back system and not muflers?

I thought that 2 after market muflers and a O/R h pipe would sound better??
The stock cat back is restrictive :( .The after market cat backs are usually larger diameter pipes allowing more flow :)

Tampa04GT said:
oh I see. So how would I go about getting the extra power ?? get custom bend tubing put in after My H-pipe and larger tubing after the muflers out to the tips?

Thanks
You can buy a complete cat-back system complete. there are alot of exhaust kits out there. Click on partshopper and click exhaust you will see them there. :D

I got a Black GT Preemie, put Flow 40's the first day I got it, then recently put a UPR O/R X-pipe. Love the sound, wouldn't trade it for the world. Just get you a cold air intake, and the exhaust will let it out as quick as you can take it in.

I have heard that you need some back pressure... but I know a few people that run 3 inch pipes after the H pipe so Im guessing that we dont need that much?? How do I know if i dont have enough back pressure?

RIP 112 said:
I got a Black GT Preemie, put Flow 40's the first day I got it, then recently put a UPR O/R X-pipe. Love the sound, wouldn't trade it for the world. Just get you a cold air intake, and the exhaust will let it out as quick as you can take it in.
sound like when i drink milk... :D