Off Topic - But Need Some Opioions

Hey all. I sold my Mustang a few months back, and I'm really missing having a "toy" to play with. I'm strongly thinking about getting back into the 4x4 scene since we have some really nice trials and even some sand dunes around where I live.

What I was wanting to do is get some outside opinions from you guys. Hopefully some of you have some off road "toys" and can give me some good ideas. I really just want something to go mudding, jumping and screwing off.

I really would like a dune buggy or sand rail but I’m a large guy and I know there would have to be some modding to get me to fit comfortably. I can find descent ones around here for around 2 or 3 thousand dollars.

My other thought was to get a cheap Jeep Cherokee, put a 4 inch lift and some good Baja tires. I can get a high mileage one for around 500-1000 dollars. I can't find any jeep CJs or that body type for cheap enough.

My other question is: Would my 81 F150 with a 351, 2 barrel carb, and 60,000 mile truck be able to haul something like a jeep of dune buggy without any major problems? Probably 150 - 250 mile round trips.

Thanks guys for reading, and if you got any ideas for a fun toy that a big ol redneck can fit in, let me know.

View attachment 455927

• Sponsors (?)