Official '05' V8 MPG Report Thread

Katmandu

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
Troy, Ohio
Official '05' V8 MPG Report Thread

<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Post your mods along with your Fuel Mileage (City, Highway) here in this thread.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the C&L Intake, DiabloSport C&L 91 octane tune with -2 GS (so I can run 89 octane), and drive 25 miles each way to work, some city, some highway, and I'm averaging 20.8 miles per gallon. Not bad, and I do get on it once in a while. :)

Jay
'05 Sonic Blue GT Premium

05Stangster said:
Mike, I'll bet money you have a standard transmission! And you like to hear the rumble :) Mine is an auto and I avg. 19.4 in town, 26 on the highway. 3600 miles and I'm way over due for a tire rotation!
No, I think something is wrong with his car? I have a standard! Drive hard (I like the sound too) sometimes. I would say, I 'Jump' on it, at least 2-3 a day, on my way to work, during lunch and the drive home. Mostly slower speeds, under 60 to and from work (unless I jump on it) but I still average 18.5 MPG.
Stock, but I have the H/C trap removed.
Dave...

I had a Ford Ranger V6 that only got 13 MPG in the city and about 18 on the road. My Mustang V6 (sorry) gets about 15 to 16 in the city and 22 to 25 on the road. That's accurate. I check it each and every time I buy gas. I am not guessing. I do the actual math. By the way, those figures are within the EPA estimates.
Some of the figures I see posted just seem way too good to be true.

My car has right at 6,000 miles on it know. 05 Mustang GT standard trans., all stock with Flowmaster axle backs. The best so far Hwy is 25, Average 21. City averages 17. The worst I have gotten is 13, that was really gettin on it. The car seemed to pickup about 2mpg after the first 3000 miles.
Also, the car was built in March, I hear the early production cars get worse MPG.

This topic is pretty subjective wouldn't ya say guys? air temp, humidity, road condition, tire inflation, driving style, terrain (inclines, declines), wind conditions (head, tail, side, mph, etc...), fuel quality, tune of car, weight (of occupants, trunk items, etc), .......................................................... ALL play a part in fuel mileage.

I wont close the thread (yet), but just wanted to point out the silliness of it all

gp001 said:
This topic is pretty subjective wouldn't ya say guys? air temp, humidity, road condition, tire inflation, driving style, terrain (inclines, declines), wind conditions (head, tail, side, mph, etc...), fuel quality, tune of car, weight (of occupants, trunk items, etc), .......................................................... ALL play a part in fuel mileage.

I wont close the thread (yet), but just wanted to point out the silliness of it all

yeah and i guess i have all the factors against me :notnice: oh well no complaints
-mike

gp001 said:

Closing a thread that has nothing but info because it is subjective would be silly, it's very valuable info for some people, especially those who are looking to buy and gas mileage is a concern.

cepenn said:
My car has right at 6,000 miles on it know. 05 Mustang GT standard trans., all stock with Flowmaster axle backs. The best so far Hwy is 25, Average 21. City averages 17. The worst I have gotten is 13, that was really gettin on it. The car seemed to pickup about 2mpg after the first 3000 miles.
Also, the car was built in March, I hear the early production cars get worse MPG.
Not ture! Like I said above :lol: I average 18.5 & mine was built 9/15!

Dave...