oh uh ...oil psi problem

Well i look at my oil psi gauge(stock one) and it seems to go way past 0 when i let off the gas or idle. Does this sound more like the gauge/sender problem since it goes pretty far away past 0 or when u lose oil pressure does it go pass 0 also? thanks

but when i get back on the gas it goes up to normal..

• Sponsors (?)

well good news is i changed oil (its not old mobil 1 syn) with castrol gtx and clean some things and did some few odds and its and its back up to normal.

bad thing....its got a noise that i cant figure out what it is. Its not a lifter, header leak, valves hitting or anything like that its more of a hollow sound

I'd be concerned - an issue with pressure on the gauge, and then a mechanical noise --- get a 'real' oil pressure gauge on the car quickly so you'll know what's going on. You've got to pull the pressure switch anyhow to check it -- put a real gauge on the car to see what's really going on.

Michael Yount said:
I'd be concerned - an issue with pressure on the gauge, and then a mechanical noise --- get a 'real' oil pressure gauge on the car quickly so you'll know what's going on. You've got to pull the sender anyhow to check it -- put a real gauge on the car to see what's really going on.

I second that motion.

It may just be fresh oil that brought the pressure back up for the moment.

well its got louder and a friend of mine pointed out what i thought it might be. People are agreeing it sounds like the oil shaft/pump is making the noise. So i guess ill be pulling the motor out =(. Any recomendations on waht to buy . I plan on prob just going replacing all the oil pump/shaft/pickup just to be on the safe side. And of coarse got to get a gauge