OIl leak

Heres one for ya...
Just freshened up my motor (BEARINGS,SEALS,GASKETS).
Fired it off with 30 weight oil and did the normal break in no probs... last week.

Fired it off today, tuned her(timing,fuel pressure) and got it ready to get off the jack stands Did your normal check no leaks or funny noises so I shut her down. Not one minute later a few small drip off oil leaking form the oil pan in the back. So I wiped it up and retorqued the pan. I figured must have come loose....I put about a 1/4 turn on the bolts and fired it off agian no leaks. I slide under her when see was running.. no leaks great problem fixed......
Turned it off and whata know oil started to leak from the back of the oil pan. And it only leaks right after I shut it off WTF.

The oil is 30 weight valvoline.
It has a brand new gasket and canton oil pan
Ive never seen this kind of oil leak before usually oil leaks when the engine is running not after. And I'm sure its leaking after, because I saw it start to leak/flow after the motor was shut off. :bang:
Anybody have any ideas? :shrug:

Will a thicker oil help?
I heard VAL. MAX LIFE swells seals. Maybe this would help?

• Sponsors (?)

Is it possible that the rear main is leaking, and it's dripping to where it looks like it's coming off the pan? The oil level in the pan when the engine isn't running is below the bottom of the main seals. Is your pcv system functioning the way it was designed to? If you're building crankcase pressure, it will force oil out lots of different places.