Ok, finally AOD-t-5 checklist.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Well, the AOD is giving me a headache. It has 100K miles on it, still shifts beautifully but leaks like a sieve. It has three leaks. Front seal, tranny pan and one cooler line. I'm losing about 1 quart every two weeks. The embarrassing thing is it leaks right onto the exhaust so i get smoke coming out from under the car at red lights.

But i can't complain about the performance. I have done the 1-d-1 shuffle every day of this poor trannys life for the last 5 years and 50,000 miles and it still runs perfectly and has bested a 14.0 @ 100MPH.

But i would need to pull the tranny to fix the leaks and if that happens she's not going back in.

SO i'm dusting off the T-5 conversion i have had for the last 3 years. I have everything but a few parts.

First off summit is getting a big order right after Xmas

FMS King Cobra clutch
FMS AL driveshaft
FMS A/C delete kit
FMS d/s safety loop
Few other items not pertaining to this swap
and i will need to order a pro-5.0 shifter from somewhere else. Anyone know who has the best price?

couple questions.

I have this weird 2-peice speedo cable. I beleive it has something to do with the dealer installed cruise control. It has a ring on it and a pink and black wire coming from it. I beleive it's some sort of VSS. Anyway i removed the Cruise control and all wiring so i'd like to junk this cable (it jumps anyway). Where can i buy a T-5 speedo cable from? Ford still have them>?

Also, i have a new T-5 crossmember (got it for free) a T-5 exhaust hangar mount, but will the stock tranny mount work or will i need one that is T-5 specific?

As for the wiring on the tranny. I do not have the wiring harness for the T-5....yet. I assume it's a 4-wire harness correct? two wire are for nuetral safety which i jump and the other two are reverse lights? I think the tranny i am getting has it but just want to make sure.

Oh yeah...the big thing. The T-5 i am getting needs to rebuilt. It goes into gear fine but the synchros make noises. I've heard it was pretty easy to rebuild T-5's and i am a very mechanically inclined person (also a mech. engineer) and not afraid to try it. I already have the manual and have been studing it. Has anyone done this and have any insight to offer?

That's about it. It's too cold to attempt this now but soon hopefully i'll be banging gears.

Best with AOD....14.0 @ 100MPH with stock heads and cam and stock AOD

• Sponsors (?)