OK, I have 2 problems, in need of some assistance.

stunner6910

Oct 31, 2003
south texas
1. my CE light never turns on, not even when i start the car. is it a fuse or something? the owner before me must have done something so it wouldn't stay on since he removed all the smog equipment.

2. since the CE light doesn't come on, i can't run codes for the small problem i'm currently having. my car sometimes runs very strong(for it being stock and all) and other times it runs all ***otty. what i mean is that sometimes when i start the car and put it in reverse, it'll die. that's one sign. another one is that when i'm at a stop light and then take off, it takes a while for the car to take off. it kindda bogs a lil and goes. when this happens, the car feels like it's lacking a lot of power. now, it idles fine ALL the time, even when the problem arises. what could this be? i was thinking MAYBE the TPS but what do i know.

Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

The smog probably won't have much to do with it since it isn't a 96+.
But.....for just a thought, the previous owner of my car put in a chip, and my CE light comes on some of the time, especially when accelerating. Maybe sombody fudged with the computer like that. :shrug: