Ok i Have Power But No Sound, Help please What Did I Miss

05EX

Aug 30, 2005
Ok, finally got the right Harness for my 98 GT, I wired up my Alpine CDA 7897 i have power, but no sound at all. Now the only wires that i didnt hook up to the head unit harness was amp turn on (blue and white stripe) and power antena (solid blue). Do i need to wire the amp turn on to the 12v ignition & acc or do i need to bypass the amp. im at a loss....also this is a non mach 460 car

• Sponsors (?)

05EX said:
Ok, finally got the right Harness for my 98 GT, I wired up my Alpine CDA 7897 i have power, but no sound at all. Now the only wires that i didnt hook up to the head unit harness was amp turn on (blue and white stripe) and power antena (solid blue). Do i need to wire the amp turn on to the 12v ignition & acc or do i need to bypass the amp. im at a loss....also this is a non mach 460 car

If all your speakers are being fed signal by the amp, then yes the amp remote power wire (blue and white stripe) needs to be connected to a key-on power source. You can usually piggy back it onto the fuse that controls the radio. Not sure which on it is for the '98 but I can post a pic of what I did with my '03.

P1010076.jpg

Attachments

• P1010076.jpg
    P1010076.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 82
One thing about Alpines, they usually are set from the factory with the internal amp inside the radio off. Alpine usually assumes you will power your speakers with external amps. Look over the handbook and identify which menu function you need to activate to turn on the internal amp inside the radio which will in turn make the speaker wires coming out of the back of the alpine hot.