Ok Ive searched over and over and cant find anything

• Sponsors (?)

slow88stang said:
I have a 91 ranger 2.3 and I have noticed that it has the exact same exhaust manifold as my 2.3 stang. I thought it was supposed to have a header???? What year ranger can I get the header from?

I think that its 94-98, its the later models I know that for a fact. Mine was off of a 96, it didnt have the O2 bung and the EGR needed to be welded shut.

Dan

Hey Dan. If I got a ranger header would I need to drill and tap (thread) a hole for the O2? I see its on my stock manifold and I saw a header on Ebay way back (I should of bidded, it was only 6.99 US) and I did notice no O2 Bung. What did you do?

Lex said:
Hey Dan. If I got a ranger header would I need to drill and tap (thread) a hole for the O2? I see its on my stock manifold and I saw a header on Ebay way back (I should of bidded, it was only 6.99 US) and I did notice no O2 Bung. What did you do?

I had a shop weld a O2 bung into the header. If you take it to a exhaust shop and ask them they will know what ya mean.

Take a look at what I had done, its the part thats on the right side. The other side is the EGR bung, Brantley welded that shut and I made a plate to shut off the return at the intake.

314319_32_full.jpg

314319_65_full.jpg

Ray III said:
my header also did not have the oxygen sensor bung. Why was this? Less emissions regulations on the ranger?

where did the muffler shop find the o2 bung? Man that was a friggin pain trying to find a nut of that particular thread.

The O2 bung was further down on the exhaust on the Ranger, the shop that I took my car to just had the bungs they had to order them in the past so they started to carry them.