Ok...now what?

Turbo swap completely on hold. Four of the five exhaust housing bolts broke off in the exhaust side of the turbo. Easy out broke, took it to a machine shop. They broke their easy out in the fifth one, said they would try one more thing. Well, the tap broke inside the housing and in punctured it, so the exhaust side of the turbo is shot, not to mention the crack near the wastegate anyway. The center section of the turbo broke while re fitting it to the intake side of the housing, so the entire turbo is more or less shot.

The old engine has a valve issue and the transmission is shot (in first and second gear I hear chunks of metal flying around in the tranny). In attempting to take the head off the car, I've got pretty much most of the stuff off needed to do the turbo swap anyway.

So what now? Should I spend more money to get a new manifold/computer/vam/turbo/tranny to finish the swap, or should I part it out? I've got future plans for a 2.3 turbo later on down the line, but nothing remotely near stock, something I also can't afford at the moment.

Northern VA doesn't have any cheap junkyards, everybody thinks their parts are gold plated or something, so what should I do? Would it be cheaper to buy all the parts to fix this issue, or just say heck with it and buy a 5.0 or some other car? If anyone here has some of these parts for a reasonable price, let me know. Any and all suggestions/criticisms welcome (...well, almost all :rolleyes: )

• Sponsors (?)