Ok, what's next?

tcom

Founding Member
Feb 9, 2002
Harlan, IA
Typical question. I have a lot of stuff on the car for now. Were do I want to go next? I want a strong performer. Nothing wild. I drive it on weekends for fun.

I want to get the Steen racing Heads/Cams package and some Long Tube headers. Aluminim Drive Shaft. After that It will be a T-56 or a body kit next year. Year after that Probably a KB Twin screw blower.

It seems like I might be missing something. Roll bars? Bigger brakes?

Some guys say they have ALL the bolt-ons. What am I missing?

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

tcom said:
Typical question. I have a lot of stuff on the car for now. Were do I want to go next? I want a strong performer. Nothing wild. I drive it on weekends for fun.

I want to get the Steen racing Heads/Cams package and some Long Tube headers. Aluminim Drive Shaft. After that It will be a T-56 or a body kit next year. Year after that Probably a KB Twin screw blower.

It seems like I might be missing something. Roll bars? Bigger brakes?

Some guys say they have ALL the bolt-ons. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Missing the fact that your aluminum driveshaft will have to be modified (shortened) to connect to that T-56!

edbo said:
Missing the fact that your aluminum driveshaft will have to be modified (shortened) to connect to that T-56!

Yo're right. I knew there was a reason I was waiting to get a Drive Shaft. Should I also wait before ordering a Clutch and Pressure plate? Wil it be compatible with the T-56?

Thanks.

tcom said:
Yo're right. I knew there was a reason I was waiting to get a Drive Shaft. Should I also wait before ordering a Clutch and Pressure plate? Wil it be compatible with the T-56?

Thanks.
I would definitely do the clutch/pressure plate at the same time as the T-56. I would think that they may differ somewhat although I don't have those particular details.

If you are looking at going blown in a year or two make sure you make a good cam decision now. I would go with crower stage 2 blower cams right now, even on a N/A car. they are good for both N/A and blown cars. I'm running mine right now before I get the blower on and they are still awesome. They seem way better than my VT Stage 2's ever were.