One More Silverstar Lamp Question

NorthwestGT

Jan 11, 2006
Pasco, WA
I put the Sylvania Silverstar fog light bulbs (9145) in a couple of days ago, and I'll get the H13 headlight bulbs in as soon as they are available out here in the middle of nowhere.

I just put in a Daytime Running Light module that turns the parking lights on automatically. It looks good. The 'vettes have a similar setup. But, the primary reason I put in the DRL is for safety. I want to do what I can to help people see me.

Anyhow, maybe I'm getting crazy with Silverstars, but does Sylvania make a Silverstar parking light bulb (3157)? I couldn't find one on their website, but then I couldn't find the 9145's in Silverstars there either. A little brighter parking light bulb would be nice.

• Sponsors (?)

Aha! 3157 Silverstars you say. I must go on a hunting expedition.

Yzfone, the DRL module was from Mustangs Unlimited and was about $45. It's a pretty straightforward install. They give you all the connectors and good instructions. It is not OEM Ford, but I don't think Ford actually makes such an accessory. At least I couldn't find one. This one works fine.

i think canadian stangs have the DRLs. might be able to contact a canadian dealerhip and see about getting the module for an american car.

Yes, we have a couple of Canadian guys on here don't we? They might know the part number. The DRL is mandatory on Canadian cars. I don't know what happened here in the States. For a while all the manufacturers were putting them in. A lot of GM and Chevy trucks still come with DRLs. I think they're a good idea for safety.