Only 2000 GT500s for 2010

• Sponsors (?)

Bad news for folks who don't have their VIN numbers yet :(

Only 2000 GT500s for 2010

Guess time will tell. I sure would think once Ford accepts and order that would be good to go, with or without a VIN but maybe not. Mine was just placed last Monday so I guess Ill keep my fingers crossed. Not sure if its the first one to go thru them, but they did do a courtesy delivery for one a few days ago. Not sure though if that was some sort of internet delivery/costco deal though.

I should know in a week or two.

However, if that holds true and they only build 2k for this yr, either Ill end up with a short production yr, or Ill get the 2011. :)

They also said they were only going to make 3000-5000 GT500 per year for two years and we all know how that turned out. Hell there was over 3000 GT500s produced in White with Blue stripes in 07 alone. LOL

This is getting to be pretty funny... I think Ford and Shelby need to sit down and get their statements straight before another "leak" from "someone who knows". That PDF posted on autospies looked pretty real. Someone "calling" and saying "that's not true" is a little harder to believe.

But the whole thing is getting pretty funny to watch as the day goes on.

On SVTP a supposed builder at Ford said they are making as many cars as people will buy. They have yet to comment yet on the people there that have been called this week to say their orders were canceled. :shrug:

Who knows.

I got a call Wednesday telling me that my order that was placed on 5/29 would not be filled because Ford was cutting back on production and they would only receive one GT500 for the entire year, my order was #2.

Currently you cannot find a Dealer who has an allocation and can place an order for a GT500. Two Dealers I know that sold 30 GT500s between them last year got allocations for one car each.

What I have told you is factual and does not in anyway match up with what Ford is saying. As far as I am concerned the news of the production cutback is true untill I start seeing allocations being issued to Dealers and they can resume taking orders for the car. There is no way that Ford can equal the production of previous years with high volume Dealers receiving one car each.

Do the math, something is not adding up here.

Steve

I got a call Wednesday telling me that my order that was placed on 5/29 would not be filled because Ford was cutting back on production and they would only receive one GT500 for the entire year, my order was #2.

Currently you cannot find a Dealer who has an allocation and can place an order for a GT500. Two Dealers I know that sold 30 GT500s between them last year got allocations for one car each.

What I have told you is factual and does not in anyway match up with what Ford is saying. As far as I am concerned the news of the production cutback is true untill I start seeing allocations being issued to Dealers and they can resume taking orders for the car. There is no way that Ford can equal the production of previous years with high volume Dealers receiving one car each.

Do the math, something is not adding up here.

Steve
Hey Steve.
Sorry about the cancel. They told you yesterday they were still holding your order, I was hopeing today you were gonna say the salesman called you back to say it was re-established. :notnice:

Hey Steve.
Sorry about the cancel. They told you yesterday they were still holding your order, I was hopeing today you were gonna say the salesman called you back to say it was re-established. :notnice:

Thanks,

We got an additional allocation to build my car and I should get it in about eight more weeks. I have already waited nearly seven weeks.:notnice:

Steve

Ford issued the allocation to the Dealer Thursday morning 7/16, the factory accepted the order and issued a VIN # the same afternoon.

1ZVBP8JS8A5140222

Man what an ordeal this has been,

Steve

I had a 07 Shelby GT500 and the dealer I bought it from (a good friend and in the business 42 years) told me in 2010, 1 per dealer. Ford maybe mis informing him but I believe he is telling me what he has been told. No benefit to lie to me.