Ordering suspension tomorrow (good combo of parts?)

Burtonsnow157

Dec 16, 2007
I've made a few posts about my suspension that im gunna be buying but im finalizing my purchase tomorrow. I have a 2003 GT, and im going to order my suspension parts from american muscle and stangsuspension. Before i put the order in i just want to make sure all of this stuff is good to go and dont somehow get parts that wont match together (suspension is new to me)

2 Tokico Hp front struts $200
2 Tokico Hp Rear Shocks $110
Ford C Springs $160
~discount - total: $440

Maximum motorsports 4 bolt c/c plates $169

total price $615

Thats the best price i could work up. Does that combination sound good to you guys? The shop by my house wanted $670 plus tax without c/c plates so I'm doing it myself with a friends help

• Sponsors (?)

my tokicos are good and i have eibach pro kit, wish i would have gone to h&r, my friend has them and it looks sick, pro kit looks good still and i scrape less than he does tho so its all how low u wana go

i scrape less than he does tho so its all how low u wana go

yeah for now i'm gunna do the c springs cause theyre dirt cheap and still decent springs. I have an mrt catted h pipe and it seems like it comes down kinda low. I scrape from time to time with my stock 4x4 suspension so i cant really do a huge drop. i might go with 1.5 but 1.2 on the ford c's seems fine to me

Save your cash and don't waste money with CC plates. If your going with C springs, you wont need your CC plates. C springs will not lower the car enough. CC plates are a waste of money on anything with a 1.5in or less drop.

I've made a few posts about my suspension that im gunna be buying but im finalizing my purchase tomorrow. I have a 2003 GT, and im going to order my suspension parts from american muscle and stangsuspension. Before i put the order in i just want to make sure all of this stuff is good to go and dont somehow get parts that wont match together (suspension is new to me)

2 Tokico Hp front struts $200
2 Tokico Hp Rear Shocks $110
Ford C Springs $160
~discount - total: $440

Maximum motorsports 4 bolt c/c plates $169

total price $615

Thats the best price i could work up. Does that combination sound good to you guys? The shop by my house wanted $670 plus tax without c/c plates so I'm doing it myself with a friends help

Whered you find the MM plates for $169??

It seems that almost everybody that lowers their car gets all latherred up about CC plates. They are important under certain circumstances but not as much as you might think, here's the argument:
The CC plates will allow you to align a car that has been lowerred to the extreme, no problem, I think everybody gets that part, this is what they don't get, the alignment takes place on a static alignment machine at a given ride height. Your car rarely travles down the road in that condition, it goes up and down, it bounces, it dives under braking etc. So while the CC plates fix the static alignment problem they don't do too much for the vehicle dynamics.
these will:
Steeda X2 Balljoints - '94-'04 Ford Mustang

Steeda Bumpsteer Kit - '79-'08 Ford Mustang

for the freakin' life of me I can't understand why people play around with CC plates and let the cars roll center and handling go completely to hell.

IMG_0604.jpg

This is my car running NASA class "D", we were very limited in what we could do to the car since it was a "stock " class, this is a lowered car with otherwise stock suspension.
Tell me, do you see something wrong in this picture? This is one screwed up suspension, just like most other lowerred cars out there.
The bumpsteer kit and taller front ball joint made all the tires stay on the ground and made a huge-massive-explosive-excrement producing difference in the way the car hooked in the corners.

and can some mod resize that photo please.