Original 40 Series Flowmasters

• Sponsors (?)

There are original 40-series, Delta Flow 40-series, and the new Super 40s. I know that the Delta Series is marginally quieter than the originals, but I haven't heard the new Super 40s yet. I know that the Supers are supposed to have the same basic sound, but are supposed to not have the drone inside the car. Nonetheless, the original 40s sound great if you like the chambered sound.

i have been planning on getting the American Thunder cat back systeem that come with the original 40 series. when i recently went to the flowmaster site they only had the 40 series delta flow with the American Thunder system for my car (2001 GT) and they were almost $200 more than last time i checked (like 2 weeks ago) What is up with that and can i still the American Thunder Cat Back with 40 series original mufflers????

the new delta's have a little extra baffling in the inlet. they are still 2 chamber. they still drone alot. Have them on my blazer. If you don't like drone I would go 50series. have those on my chevelle. lot nicer on the ears wile driving still scream when you get get all over it. I used to love 40 series until I put them on somthing I drive every day. Now I hate them. I have to say. If you still have all your cats I don't think you will notice much difference. It is almost imposible to make a car "loud" with 4 cats on it.

Mustangl3 said:
i have been planning on getting the American Thunder cat back systeem that come with the original 40 series. when i recently went to the flowmaster site they only had the 40 series delta flow with the American Thunder system for my car (2001 GT) and they were almost $200 more than last time i checked (like 2 weeks ago) What is up with that and can i still the American Thunder Cat Back with 40 series original mufflers????

You can't get the originals with the American Thunder unless you buy them separately, it only comes with the Delta 40s. I can't tell you about the price, but Flowmaster isn't the cheapest place to buy it from. I ordered mine through a local parts store for just under $400.