Orlando area Subframe connector install

joncash

just high enough to be functional
Founding Member
Dec 9, 2000
The USA's peen
I really need to have a decent set of full length subframe connectors installed and I've heard too many horror stories. Like the title says I live in Orlando, so I need some help from my fellow townies. I know muffler shops will do it but those guys rarely know or care about structural integrity or little details like whether your doors close when they're done. Please no stories about how your buddy's dad has his own shop and did it for a case of beer, because none of my buddies (or their dads)have their own shop:( .
I don't mean to sound bitter, but where can I have this done right?

• Sponsors (?)

How hard is it to install subframes? Is it common to have trouble with your doors closing after the install? Im getting ready to install a set of full lengths....any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

dbdragracing said:
How hard is it to install subframes? Is it common to have trouble with your doors closing after the install? Im getting ready to install a set of full lengths....any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

if you can weld you can probably do it, bolt ons are not recomended

And if your in orlando powered by ford can probably do it, or Jake Lomatta

Used to work @ Powered by Ford and I had to tell people on a daily basis that we didn't do SF installs.
dbdragracing, if the car is not settled in the correct position (i.e. with the full weight of the car on its suspension as it would normally sit) it can be twisted slightly. Weld in the subframd connectors with it that way and it is now permanently twisted. I was hoping for a real frame shop of some kind. Like I was trying to convey in my opening post, any 'tard with a buzzbox can stick a couple of subframe connectors to the bottom of a car. I guess I'm just being picky.

Oh haha i guess i wont have to call and ask them, i know Jake Lomatta does them though, ive asked them and 4ever said he had them done, id go there, they work on high performance mustangs daily, theyll know what to do and what not to do.

Another place that can probably do it is, Blue Moon Motorsports, there in longwood close to jake lomotta, right off General Hutchinson, off 17-92, they build the kit cobras, and rebuild amazing cars, they do some amazing work, and did alot of work on my dads 67 shelby, they build the kit cars from the ground up so i would imagine they know chasis, and frames like no other, and i know jake lomota has those lifts where the car rolls on, so the car would be level , not like exhaust shops pick it up from the frame, and i know blue moon has those lifts.

I'm also looking around for a subframe install shop in Orlando. Lamotta wants 150$ which seems a little high. US 1 Muffler in Port Orange did my last car and they did a good job for 100$, they want the carpet out of the car though. Lamotta said he would do it with it in.

That Blue Moon place appears to be out of business now? Any other shops besides Lamotta in the Orlando/Deland/Daytona Beach area.

Oh yeah, Lamotta said he wasn't even sure if he would install my subframes. I baught the ones from LRS
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-SUBS-RED%20%20%201&comp=LRS

He said if they are anything like the FMS/Kenny Brown ones they don't fit the car at all. I find that strange since I had the KB/FMS subframes installed on 2 fox body cars so far, they fit fine.

Roland69 said:
I will be doing my own at work...after work.
Milk%20Chocolate%20Chip%20Cookie%20With%20Pecans.jpg