OT. Chrysler 300C

I know this is off topic but what do you guys think of the chrysler 300C? My parents are considering trading their "junk cadillac" lol for one. They want to get the v6 and not the hemi due to the gas mileage. I want them to get a hemi in it :D lol

I personally dont really know what to think of them. I mean i kinda like it but it's also a new model and i'm leary about new models Because of the problems that they have.

I.E. The cadillac, It's prlly seen the inside of the dealer more than the road. That's the truth too lol.

What do you guys think of it? Has anyone test drove it yet or know of anyone that has? Any input is appreciated. I wanna know if i should persuade them to buy it or not cuz they are pretty much lookin at me at this point. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The new C's are awesome. They've got a nice low roof line and a nice front end. A guy down the street just bought a black one with the optional 17 or 18 inch chrome wheels. It's a really sharp car. Chrysler did it right this time.

Joe

I think those things are butt ugly. Chrysler cars are terrible looking and that 300C is no less an abomination.

If they want practicality, they should either get a KIA with a crazy warranty or just something that has been in production for more than a few months. When the warranty runs out they'l be going to the dealer and getting raped for parts. I would never buy a car that I can't fix for cheap and find at junkyards easily.

They remind me of an older benz or somethin of that matter. I like the low roof cuz it looks like an older car with a chopped top.

THe dealer by us is offering a 3000 dollar wheel upgrade and my mom wanted to get it. That is until i saw them. They were some ugly A$$ 20's with skinny tires. I was like I DONT THINK SO lol

I FREAKING LOVE THEM! They are increadible looking IMHO and everytime I see one coming down the road I stop and stare. My inlaws have an old 300M and they are concidering getting the new 300. It looks way more expensive than it is, though the hemi isn't cheap.

They look like a mobster car. I like them thought. And Car and Driver or Motor Trend tested them and the hemi ran a 13.9 and the other mag it ran like a 14.2. I know thought times are never really right but still. And BTW i really like them. I bet that all black one looks great.

The 300C are great cars the fit and trim is great. They are very smooth with a quiet ride and good handling. As for gas mileage the Hemi is not that bad thanks to a Multiple Displacement System which cuts out four of the engines eight cylinders when not need. One of the salesman that I work with has been getting 25mpg with his. The Hemi is bad ass in this car pulls hard.I give this car 2 :nice: .

I heard the 300s Hemi Electronically cruises as a 4 cylinder when not under a load. Something your parents should check into if they're worried about gas. Some of the old caddies were that way too.

Edit...Just saw onebad already said that :)

did some research for ya, bored at work, you know how it goes...

gas mileage of the three engine choices
Hemi - 17/25
3.5 V6 - 18/28
2.7 V6 - 21/28

The car weighs 3700 pounds or so with the base V6.... I'd like to see you merge on the highway with 190 hp and tq. The 3.5 has 250 / 250 and weighs like 3850. The car with the hemi has 345 / 390 and weighs 4040.

For the difference in gas mileage, its no big deal, 3 mpg on the highway difference is all!! Plus tons more power. Not only that, if you lower that guy, tint the windows, dual exhaust and some classy rims, that would be PIMP.

The 300 is SWEET! There is one in the parking garage...
I like the Magnum though - would be a great daily driver for me, could trade in my Camry. Dodge is making big strides in quality as well.

I don't like the looks at all, but that's neither here nor there. Some things to keep in mind.
1) This is the 1st year model for a totally new vehicle, so problems are to be expected.
2) This is a Chrysler, so MORE than the average number of problems are to be expected.
3) If that car weighs 3700lbs and is base powered by a 2.7L vee6....well that's just wrong.

I say let someone else buy them and see what they are like in a couple of years. If they need a new car now, get a Grand Marquis/Crown Vic/Lincoln or the like. It's a proven car/powertrain. Your parents probably aren't worried about what the car is going to run in the 1/4. If they want something a bit different, look for a Marauder. They can be had pretty cheap since they didn't sell well(too much buck, not enough bang, I guess).

94_Teal_GT said:
I don't like the looks at all, but that's neither here nor there. Some things to keep in mind.
1) This is the 1st year model for a totally new vehicle, so problems are to be expected.

Yeah i agree with you there my mom has a 99 cadillac seville sts and it's the 2nd year model and had alot of trouble with it. H/O they just want a new car with a warranty. Which i totally understand cuz the cost in repairing the caddy is a mother. LoL it's the truth i'd hate to see all the bills and add them all up for what they've done to it. It's prlly about more than what the car is worth :rlaugh: