OT: Firefox users, white screen after posting a reply??

iwashmycar

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
Alright...I had a big problem using Internet Explorer....ditched it. I downloaded that Mozilla Firefox, and it is actually very nice, but after i post a reply in any thread, itll go to a white screen....like it is inbetween pages...... The hour glass is there, but it never goes back to the page until I hit the "GO" button again. My reply will then be there..

I was wondering if there is some option i cant find thatll fix it....The help menus suck:nonono:

/adam/

EDIT: when i wrote this it took a little while, but there was no "inbetween" looking screen

timeless2 said:
Exactly. The quick reply feature is an AJAX feature.

The quick reply has nothing to do with web 2.0...
It's simply a regular form on the page. The only AJAX I can think of on StangNet is the search feature, which checks up on user names as you type them in.

Anyhow...if anyone has ever heard of greasemonkey, I'm going to try and find/make a script that will automatically redirect you back to the thread you came from.

timeless2 said:
Eau contraire.

AJAX (in this application) allows content to stream without a postback event.

I completely apologize :). With only using FF to view Stangnet, I was never able to see what it did, :). I thought it posted and just reloaded.

So do you know any javascript? It would be awesome if we could get a script made. Greasemokey (if you haven't heard about, which I'm sure you have) enables you to run a user made script on a particular website.
But now since its ajax, I don't think it's possible...just thinking out loud.