OT: Why cant my parents spoil the hell outta me

AznStanger3v

Aug 11, 2003
Northern VA
everyone, please check out this link.
Bastard kids

I wish my parents bought me something like that. Hell, i wish my parent bought me a car period. But hey, i have a lot more appreciation, so i guess that goes a long way. I love the line "you can say im spoiled, but i say i deserve it." Hmmmm, I work 2 jobs, im on the honor roll for all 4 years of high school, i leave for college soon, and im paying for my apartment and college. Im quite curious as to what it takes to be able to deserve something like that. someone, please tell me!! :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I had to buy all my cars and mustang parts for myself and I think you enjoy it more when you earned everything yourself. I know kids that there parents bought them fast cars and modded them and I don't think some of them apriciated it at all.

when i was in high school this kid's daddy bought him a brand new trans am the day he turned 16, then bought him rims, flows, and a few other mods. a year later for the kids 17th bday daddy bought him a 330rwhp fox body. kid was a real prick too.

there was another kid who's 'rents bought him a roush stage 3 a month before he even got his license.

it's hard seeing all that stuff when you have to works for everything you have. my parents make more $$ than both of those kids' parents, but i still had to work for everything. it was so frustrating! oh well, now im gettin paid good and doing ok....however i'm definetly gonna hook my kids up when it comes to cars!

17yrOldStanger said:
Im quite curious as to what it takes to be able to deserve something like that. someone, please tell me!! :bang:
I know! It's not being able to drive and your parents feeling bad for you, so they buy him a grossly overpowered car to show for his mediocre time slips. :D

Joe

Not as bad as the frat guys around here with the M3's and M5's. They all try to look like Fred Durst and never drive with their shirts on. No 16 year old has lived long enough to have done anything worth deserving a free Mach1.

I bought my car when I was 18. It took me 2 years to save up for it, but I still bought it with MY cash that I earned from WORKING multiple jobs. I was lucky enough to only my 89 Bonnevile as my only ongoing expense.

man i thought i was spoiled when my parents bought half of my car for me. but damn taht takes the cake so far. but on a bright note if you ever race the kid you cold beat him bc he wont know how to drive it. or he will wreck it in a few months bc he cant drive it. :D that makes it ok in my book if he wrecks it.

tom2001gt said:
I think you enjoy it more when you earned everything yourself.

i used to think that too but when my freind down the street got a brand new ss that spanked my cars ass all day i changed my mind. i paid for every penny in my car. just this weekend i raced that ss and killed him all the way up to 100 when he slowly passed by me.

i have this kid at my school who has had 5 cars THIS YEAR. He keeps trying to compete with me but he keeps getting V6 sports cars. 3 v6 mustangs, 1 v6 firebird, and a random ass 4 banger mexican truck. Im so confused :rlaugh:

i guess im sort of spoiled as my parents have always helped me out when it comes to paying for my car, but then again my cobra was less than a 1/3 of the price of a mach 1. i go to duke univ. and their are quite a few m3's on campus, they are the competition im aiming for. i may not be able to afford their car but my stang can stomp them on the juice!

That isn't so bad.

When I was in high school, a friend of mine wanted a mustang and found a cheap '67 GT fastback with a built 289 that had been sitting and rusting for 8 years. He didn't have the money for it, but I did, so we bought it, fixed it up and he was going to pay me back when he sold his truck.

This car was in pretty good shape for what it had been through. It was 100% straight, not even a ding. We took care of most of the rust and installed a new cowl. We got it running real nice. It was fast. We even rebuilt most of the brake system because 30 year old Kelsey hayes calipers tend to stick.

So then the day came when my friend put an add in the paper to sell his truck, but his parents would not let him. I needed the money for school, so his parents bought the car from me and gave it to his younger brother who proceded to trash it. He crunched the front end twice, managed to break the nearly unbreakable toploader transmission and 9" rear, and every time it got fixed by his parents. Fast forward about 3 years and the little snot sells the car for about 3 times my investment, and this is after it has been thrashed.

It's one thing for a kid to get spoiled, it's another if it's your hard work but not your kid. Then it gets worse when they $hit all over it and then end up with a big chunk of change.

I no longer sell anything at cost. If it's worth more than I paid, that's the price.

Ok, I got my 94 gt vert for 4k and put about 3k making it reliable, I payed for half my p's payed for half and think im damned spoiled... I did not deserve any of their help. Explain to me how this kid "deserves" it, he sounds like an ******* to me.

i know exactly what you mean, my 3 best friends have in everything given to them... friend #1 has a wrx which he wrecked and got rebuilt by his mommy and then burnt his clutch out in 2000 miles and got a new one courtesy of mama... friend #2 had a 01 grand am then hit a school bus and his rents bought him a camaro which he wrecked twice and did a donut into a curb so his parents decided it was time to buy him a 97 trans am .... friend 3 has two eclipses (both gsx) compliments of his parents. i hate it becuase i work so hard and im smarter than all of them in school, and i do all the work on their cars but never get anything from my dad... o well- they'll be screwed when they get out into the world and mommy and daddy arent there to help them :)

I had been working my butt off for about a year while still in school to get a mustang. so i had about $3000 that i could spend, but was having a hard time finding one that was decent for that price. Anyway, my father was saying that he wouldn't mind having one if it was convertible, so we ended up getting a 94 GT convertible, 81k miles, for $6k, going in half and half. The car ran good, but needed a MAF, once we got it replaced, ran great. I feel like I have the best father in the world just for going in half with me. Granted he does get to drive it every now and then, but still. I can't imagine what having parents like that putz kid does. I would probably hate myself just because I would EVER earn anything myself. Besides, now I can say I worked hard, saved MY money, and bought the car myself (mostly :rolleyes: ). People respect me for that, because they know I earned it. Now I know it's not like some of yall, who work 3 jobs, go to college and pay rent. But I still earned my own money and used it to pay for it.

Another kid I know, does NOT work, does not WANT to work, and HAS a truck already, just convinced his mom to shell out $2500 for an 89 LX w/5.0, because he couldnt "shift in the truck". The kid can't afford the car, OR the gas, OR the insurance! Plus, he doesn't even have his license, or hardly ANY driving experience. He's gonna trash that car so fast, because it has to much power for him. I told him that too, he's like, I'll be careful at first. :bs: Oh well, everybody knows he didn't earn it. Sorry for the long post.

tom2001gt said:
I had to buy all my cars and mustang parts for myself and I think you enjoy it more when you earned everything yourself. I know kids that there parents bought them fast cars and modded them and I don't think some of them apriciated it at all.

thats right , I bought mine and I pay for everything