Other Ford related problem

bartman

Jan 2, 2004
FL
Stang net has helped me greatly in the past but I am having problems with the front drive shaft on my wifes awd 2000 Ford Explorer? Do ya'll know of a similar site as stang net for other fords such as an explorer? Maybe I can get some 4x4 related advice. I am sorry if this thread is out of line here. P.S. I still belong here as my 65 fsb and 67fsb are not going anywhere!!!

• Sponsors (?)

thanks, I'll try em. The problem i am havin is i have a bad u joint on the front driveshaft. Its not a normal u joint. Its sort of a bushing type u joint. I dropped the front u joint and removed the six bolts holding the back bushing/ujoint together. But can't get it removed from the transfer case. any ideas?

thanks guys, I GOT IT OFF TODAY, all i needed was a bigger hammer or as they used to say on the farm i worked on as a kid, abigger jar of vaseline!!! Bad news is the back is a nonservicable CV joint. So it looks like I get to do my part in bailing Henry out in the form of a new shaft. So once again I get the shaft. :jaw: