overhaulin foose

Hey, remember that black gt coupe that was done on overhaulin not too long ago? What a surprise, they are trying to sell on ebay. Starting bids start at $45,000 with 8k miles on car. I knew they would try to profit from it. How stupid foose was to do that car for them. Do a car for somesbody thats broke or down on their luck. You remember how that guy acted when they told him foose put a stripe on the car? What a joke to do that for that piece. Also remember hearing about how he ripped people of selling parts online. Hey foose, those are just the kind of people you need to help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have that show on tape for reference:D I can't believe she's selling that car :jaw: When I think of the show she put on at the reveal what a joke!!!!( she's not gonna want stripes I told you that:mad: Oh they don't look so bad:eek:):D :D :D :D :D

Isn't her husband on one of these boards? I dunno, I watched the show, and she really didn't seem to know alot about cars, nor was she nearly as satisfied as most people are. Honestly, I think the guy did it for himself. It may be her car, but he did it for her because she wouldn't think about it for him, and that way he could still have a cool car, but, she either didn't like it, or they got in too many fights because he wanted to drive it all the time. That's my take on it.

I know, I hate seeing guys get overhauled who are clearly in a better position to attain the vehicle of their dreams. I hated the Lance Armstrong show too. What a waste of time. It's great to see someone who has sat on a car and dreamed for years but not been able to pull it off. I could have puked when I saw the guy bitch about the stripes on the car. What a clown.

I'd like to know how they smoked the taillights. I know there are vinyl kits out there, but these taillights do not look like the vinyl overlays. They have a nice flat black trim in between the bars also. It just looks very OEM quality...

What crap... I mean the car was made for them and $45000 isnt enough for the car (notice the Reserve has not been met). Now they want to profit from the hard work. Yeah, I too thought the reactions and "she doesnt want stripes" such BS. They are spending all this money to do a design that quite frankly I have never seen anyone not like and then they start making demands. Why did you go on the show if you didnt want someone to design a car for you? Very low in my book to sell the car now. Crap I say...:bang::bang::bang::notnice::notnice::notnice:

I heard the husband used to post on SVT, but got banned. Most people seem to think he is a big *******, which he seemed to be judging from that episode of Overhaulin'. It is a shame to see this happen, but I figured it was just a matter of time. The money shouldn't be important at all, that car is one of a kind and they won't be able to get that back. The story they have on the listing says they need to get a more practical car b/c of their kids. Well, I know that the husband has a Cobra and why the hell would they buy the new Mustang in the first place if they needed something more practical? Plus, if I had to get rid of a car and was trying to decide between a Cobra and a one-off Foose designed '05 Mustang GT, I would go with the GT. Oh well, hopefully no one pays the outrageous price they probably want (for something they had done for free), but I know someone will.:bang:

The question is what is Foose's contract with the TV show. If he's getting paid for his work, then it's the TV show that is getting ripped off, not Foose.

If Foose is getting taken advantage of I feel bad for him. If it's the TV show that's being taken advantage of it doesn't bother me as the the whole show with its "scams" and the way it is produced is a pretty lame assed show in the first place. Kind of poetic justice that someone scammed the show.

if the network heres about this they might put a contract on future builds that say if the car is sold for any sort of profit within a certain amount of time, that they can legally take it so its not being built just to be sold as a one off car. and those poeple dont deserve the car if thats what the ywanna do with it.

i wish foose would redo my 86 mustang. i would never sell it. i dislike when guys that can afford what is being done to there car have there car overhauled. i could afford the go stuff just cant afford all the show stuff.

old or new...doesn't matter

If Foose had re-done my 05GT, I wouldn't sell it for anything. He just picked someone who wasn't a true stanger and that's where he erred. That's what he gets for picking a GT owner who drives an automatic! (no offense to those who do. there are exceptions, but it's a fair generalization)

sacha said:
If Foose had re-done my 05GT, I wouldn't sell it for anything. He just picked someone who wasn't a true stanger and that's where he erred. That's what he gets for picking a GT owner who drives an automatic! (no offense to those who do. there are exceptions, but it's a fair generalization)
Ah, that ol' chestnut.

It's more to do with the moral fiber of the person chosen, than the age/transmission type/color/<insert equally irrelevant comment here> of the car.

My guess is, these people are the type of idiot who measures a persons worth by, say, the type of transmission they have in their car:rolleyes:

celticstanger said:
Ah, that ol' chestnut.

It's more to do with the moral fiber of the person chosen, than the age/transmission type/color/<insert equally irrelevant comment here> of the car.

My guess is, these people are the type of idiot who measures a persons worth by, say, the type of transmission they have in their car:rolleyes:

No one's measuring worth by the type of transmission. We're measuring how much appreciation the person has for a muscle car. Like I said, it was a generalization, but it's a fair generalization. I'm sure there's people driving automatics that love their stangs just as much as anyone else, but if you're trying to choose someone to put on Overhauling who is into cars (and you don't have much to go on) there's a better chance statistically of finding a "car guy or girl" by picking someone driving a stick. You can argue with that all you want, but automatic just isn't the same as driving a muscle car with a stick. So you can call me an idiot if you want, but you're in denial if you think driving an automatic is just as fun as driving a stick.

sacha said:
No one's measuring worth by the type of transmission. We're measuring how much appreciation the person has for a muscle car. Like I said, it was a generalization, but it's a fair generalization. I'm sure there's people driving automatics that love their stangs just as much as anyone else, but if you're trying to choose someone to put on Overhauling who is into cars (and you don't have much to go on) there's a better chance statistically of finding a "car guy or girl" by picking someone driving a stick. You can argue with that all you want, but automatic just isn't the same as driving a muscle car with a stick. So you can call me an idiot if you want, but you're in denial if you think driving an automatic is just as fun as driving a stick.
Having grown up where only sticks are available (in the main), and having only started to drive autos since coming over here, I KNOW that autos are as much fun as sticks, other than the very rare times when the chance to throw the car through twisty/hilly backroads come along.

405 freeway and grid-driving? Yeah, REALLY lets you tear through the gears!:lol: