Overheating / Water pump ?

cuhud

Jan 15, 2020
burleson Tx
So, I'm probably answering my own question but wanted to see if anyone else has an opinion on it.
Aftermarket temp gauge / Duel fan / SVE radiator
Car runs around 210-220 but I thought was due to the underdrive pulleys so I replaced them with the originals and nothing changed.
So yesterday I started my car, opened up my radiator and got it up to temp and I noticed a couple things.
1. The thermostat did open at 190 degrees, so it looks like the temp gauge is reading accurate
2. Looks like glitter or metal flakes in my coolant / I flushed the coolant about 2 years ago so the flakes are new
3. No circulation once the thermostat opened up
4. The water pump doesn't have any play in the shaft or leaking from the weep holes

• Sponsors (?)

someone put stop leak in the system? that will clog it up. I would remove the stat from the housing, the lower hose and make sure the heat is on high. flush out the system with water until you see it run clean. Flush out the radiator and see if it is clogged.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
So yesterday I started my car, opened up my radiator and got it up to temp and I noticed a couple things.
1. The thermostat did open at 190 degrees, so it looks like the temp gauge is reading accurate

How did you know the thermostat opened? ( Fluid level dropped? Coolant came through the rad tubes? Rad hose got warm?)

Also, what is car? Mods (that could generate heat)? What dual fan? How is it controlled?

3. No circulation once the thermostat opened up
There should be no circulation UNTIL the thermostat opens up.

Do you have trapped air somewhere?

Last edited: