P0193 FPRS high input... could FPDM be related?

evolucion311

Mar 19, 2009
Alright gents, so continues the never-ending saga of my car's woes.

The car was just serviced for a P0118 that ended up being a bad ECT sensor connector. That issue is fixed.

I drove the car 20 miles after picking it up and now the computer is showing a single P0193 code. I measure 5 volts across the pins at the connector and have performed the DD series pinouts. I tested for ground to power per the pinout tests and everything seemed kosher. Unfortunately, I don't have a PID reader (next thing to get on my list). I have a new FPRS on order and it should arrive soon. There was no indication of leaking fuel at the FPRS.

So I'm thinking about the other fuel system components and find a random comment on another forum about the FPRS and FPDM are related to each other. Then it occurs to me that at the beginning of my car woes I unplugged the FPDM harness from the car and with KOEO read 11.5 volts across the harness. I remember reading that anything above 10.5 indicates the FPDM should be replaced.

My question is: Why would a 10.5+ volt reading mean the FPDM needs to be replaced? How could an FPRS give a high/faulty reading as it relates to the FPDM.

You may recall from my 11 page mega thread that there was an issue with my car having high fuel pressure issues. (@wmburns)

So here are again with an electrical/sensor problem. This should be a fun trek.

Edited: added pinout test info

• Sponsors (?)

update: replacing the FPRS and resetting the computer cleared the code. No wiring problems were apparent. I've put 100 miles on the car since clearing it and she runs great.

I picked up my FRPS from eBay. Internet prices for the part was about $120. I got mine for $75.