P2270 check eng lamp

so i was coming home from work yesterday cruising at about 70 mph and boom check eng lamp comes on.... dosent blink... car runs fine... so i think maybe i left the gas cap loose.. did a system check nope... it was tight... so i got home ... drove back to work today .. (25 miles each way) still on still running ok... so when i got a chance i went out to my car with a TOYOTA TIS scanner (im a lexus tech by the way) and checked my DTC's p2270 O2 sensor stuck lean... does not specify what bank .... so i look at my freeze frame data and it says short term fuel trim B1 is 99.2% (should be near zero) and B2 is at 0% (like it should be) so i cleared the code and drove home ... the check eng lamp has still not come on..... after a 30 mile trip.... oh yea and i looked at the data stream and it was a current code not pending and not in history... but was enough of a fault to cause that mil.

my car has pypes o/r h and steeda mil elims on it .... no exhaust leaks and the sensors are all plugged in....

conclusion.... what i think happened was the other day i started my car up and took off pretty fast (no warm up time i was in a hurry) i think this triggered it and now that its cleared i think i have no problem... if it persists i will swap the mil elims side to side to see if it changes the code to the other bank.....

has anyone ever had this code or issue before????

• Sponsors (?)

P2270 O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean Bank1 Sensor 2

I've had check engine light come on twice for me after my mods, once was lean....I adjusted tune...once was rich the other day cleared the code and no problems, both time happened same as you...took off without warm up. I know I need to get my air fuel ratio adjusted maybe you too, not sure what mods you have. :shrug: