Paint Choice Opinions Wanted

• Sponsors (?)

My paint was way more than $600, but thats true, good paint makes a world of difference.

Well it depends on what color you go with, if there is flake, pearl, ect.

That was what he quoted me for a bight regular red (don't remeber the name) at his cost. Now that I'm thinking about doing BAB so I'm sure its a little more.

Plus I've seen pics of your car and its :drool:.

EDIT: I just called my buddy $600 was for the clear he said it would be about $1500 for paint and clear. LOL I need to save alittle more.

Im getting ready to pain my fox too. Im thinking Bright Atlantic Blue for mine.

I have to ask though is $400 for just the labor and then you need to buy the paint? DO NOT cheap out when it comes to materials, cheap paint = cheap quality. I've been talking to my buddy that is going to paint my car (he paints SEMA cars) and its going to be over $600 for the paint and clear alone.

THough the paint isn't fancy here is truck he did for SEMA in 01.

0203or_03zoom+2001_Ford_F250_Super_Duty_4x4+Front_Passenger_Side_In_Motion.jpg

This is waaaaay OT, but... those tires look like they belong on a skid-steer...

:leaving:

Attachments

• 0203or_03zoom+2001_Ford_F250_Super_Duty_4x4+Front_Passenger_Side_In_Motion.jpg
    0203or_03zoom+2001_Ford_F250_Super_Duty_4x4+Front_Passenger_Side_In_Motion.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 85
If you're really worried about the jams you could paint them flat black yourself with that flat black exterior trim paint that latemodelrestoration has so it would match exterior trim. The sharp contrast between the jams and the exterior paint might actually look kinda cool and the overall feel would still be cohesive cause the jams would match the trim.

There are some paint shops that can put any color in a spray can, if I could have my car painted I might look into that for painting the door jambs.

If I go silver I'll replace my Titanium frost with Opal frost; if I do a color change I'll go white, I love white fox GT's.