paint experts help please

stangirl92

Mar 16, 2002
Conowingo, MD
i am rebuilding a 68 coupe and I want you guys opinion on what paint line to use.... i read a good thread yesterday about paints but i cannot find it today... I would like to use PPG but what line should i use.. what do you use???

• Sponsors (?)

use the best you can afford to use. you want a good urethane enamel, with a base coat/clear coat system. that seems to be the best in terms of looks and durability. PPG is the best paint to use.

I think rbohm has painted more cars than I..or me, or whatever is grammatically correct, but a quality finish is just as much if not more in the prep and how you sand afterwards than it is in the paint.

87gn2 said:
I think rbohm has painted more cars than I..or me, or whatever is grammatically correct, but a quality finish is just as much if not more in the prep and how you sand afterwards than it is in the paint.

this is quite true. prep work is THE most important part of painting, but a top quality paint will last longer than one of lesser quality. one more thing to remember, when you buy your paint, make sure you get the recomended primer as well.