Paint Question

Hey All,
I'm a handy type guy, so I've decided to give painting my car a shot. I'm determined to do as many things on my car myself I can. Now I understand I'm going to need to sand and primer the whole car. Is there a good book out there that anyone uses to give you tips and steps to painting your ride?
And also, how much does car paint cost? Say I'm going to just go straight black, does anyone know? Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

• Sponsors (?)

All depends on what paint you buy single stage, base clear,brands all types of things effects cost. Make sure you prep it really well as a rule what you see before you paint will be there after x 10 worse if theres a problem. Painting is not easy and takes time to get the hang of but if you have someone you know to ask questions if your not sure you will be ok, good luck and have fun. :spot:

I'm shooting my first car as we speak. I 100% agree with the guy above. Prep is 90%.....painting is 10%. My rule of thumb is: When you think you are done wetsanding......go over it 3 more times. Never touch the prepped surface with your bare hands....that will put oils from your skin on the area, and the paint will not adhere well.....causing potential bubbles in a couple years or sooner. There are some books on Amazon.com on painting. If you have a good eye, you should have no problem doing this. I'll let you know how i make out. Good luck!