what do ya think.. for comparison, here is before

mikestang_front2.jpg

and after

mikestang_frontright.jpg

mikestang_calipercloseup.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They look nice.

OFF TOPIC:

Does anyone know how to take the shield thingy off the fronts? The rear is just held on by three bolts but I couldn't figure out the font. Are they pop rivets? I want to paint them (already did rear ones "aluminum") ...

I agree. Nice work. A lot of people scream RICE when it comes to painted calipers, but I don't agree.

What did you use? I have a black 02 with 17" polished Y2K cobra R's that I wouldnt mind dressing up a bit!

Anyone have any pics of black calipers? Or blue even?

I used the duplicolor kit aswell... was nice.. but the paint will peel if u put too much force on it when u touch it.... so i'd probably change your brakes before you paint your calipers, that way u dont have to touch em for a long time.

DTNODYA said:
Does anyone know how to take the shield thingy off the fronts? The rear is just held on by three bolts but I couldn't figure out the font. Are they pop rivets? I want to paint them (already did rear ones "aluminum") ...

Yes, they are pop riveted on.

You'll need to pull the rotor off to get to them to drill or chisel them off. You can put them back with either the rivets or nuts and bolts coated in threadlocker.

pimp!

:nice:

Don't take off the dust covers unless you are ready to replace your calipers sooner than later.

dupli color works great!

Mine...

Wildfirebrakecaliper.jpg

Attachments

• Wildfirebrakecaliper.jpg
    Wildfirebrakecaliper.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 93
Mustang5L5 said:
Yes, they are pop riveted on.

You'll need to pull the rotor off to get to them to drill or chisel them off. You can put them back with either the rivets or nuts and bolts coated in threadlocker.

Thx. What a stupid design that is. Why not just use bolts/screws (whatever) like the rears ... :shrug:

durknutz01GT said:
I agree. Nice work. A lot of people scream RICE when it comes to painted calipers, but I don't agree.

What did you use? I have a black 02 with 17" polished Y2K cobra R's that I wouldnt mind dressing up a bit!

Anyone have any pics of black calipers? Or blue even?

I hate the blue. But here ya go
nicksfirsttwocars002.jpg

Attachments

• nicksfirsttwocars002.jpg
    nicksfirsttwocars002.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 82