Painted the interior.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Came out pretty good. Im gonna get some black door panels because of the carpet on them. Maybe a new console. But all I need besides that is a little more paint to finish a few things, new seats, and new carpet. Im gonna have to take my airbags out tomm so I can get around the edges so that tan line isnt there.

Picture1030.jpg

Attachments

• Picture1030.jpg
    Picture1030.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Sponsors (?)

95_5.0_stang said:
Starting to look good. I gotta say though, I'm glad I have the solid black interior. Doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun to go through all that to have a black interior. :p
Nope, I would much rather have black stock interior. The thing that sucks the most is that under bright light, the hard plastics (door panels, kick panels, console) they look like a bluish black. The reason the dash dosent look like that is becasue there are two different paints for the hard and soft plastics. Im not to happy about that, but sicne you can barely notice in normal light, and Im changeing them anyway, its *ok*.

The Green GT said:
Nope, I would much rather have black stock interior. The thing that sucks the most is that under bright light, the hard plastics (door panels, kick panels, console) they look like a bluish black. The reason the dash dosent look like that is becasue there are two different paints for the hard and soft plastics. Im not to happy about that, but sicne you can barely notice in normal light, and Im changeing them anyway, its *ok*.

Ohhh ya, I gotcha.

looks good, man.

i was able to piece my conversion together in a few weeks. it's damn near some of the best time i've spent modding the car.

wait around for some good deals on seats and the other parts you need. the black carpet i got from 50resto.

actually, i did notice a difference. the drone from my exhaust isn't as, uhh, droney, there's less road noise and my stereo sounds a little louder.

installation was kind of a bitch, but well worth it, definately.

Nice. I dyed mine with factory match color from world upholdstry. My interior has beige leather like yours but my dash inserts are beige not black for some reason. I got a leather wrap for the steering wheel that was $50 but real leather and I had to tie it in real professionsl like. Very tight and looks original. You guys with torn steering wraps should consider one of those. it looks a lot better than those slip ons.

Caldwell said:
It's lookin good man :nice:
i think if you go entirely black
you'll be happier with it.
and black leather seats to replace the stock tan ones are so easy to find.
Im gonna be getting the summit racing seats, nless I can find soem good stock seats for a good price.