Parts from EBAY

TrueBlueNJ

Dec 3, 2005
Share your experiences with using Ebay to buy parts for your Stang. I'm looking to pick up a few parts and if I use ebay, I could save about 500 bucks. I've always browsed the auctions but never actually considered buying parts for my car until it occured to me that I could save quite bit of cash. I guess I'm kinda late jumping on the online bandwagon. I'm not looking to pick up a supercharger or anything that costs big money etc, just maybe a plenum or some headers...i really don't know. I know all about seller ratings and everything, I just wanna know what you guys look out for when you purchase parts (or if you do at all). Am I on to something or have I just been sucked into an online frenzy where I'm bound to get screwed :shrug: ?

• Sponsors (?)

well try and find the best auction that seems really legit with good pics and description...and of course with good constant feedback....most of the time you can get parts for a good deal on there but I agree with you I would never buy really big dollar items

yeah, ebay is awesome!! I usually just narrow it down to the most legit sellers. I read a couple pages of their feedback to see what other people are saying. Also, I try and find some negative feedback, if they have any, and see why it was left. Just do some research before you buy, and you shouldn't have a problem. Plus, since ebay is a legal contract, you aren't really putting yourself in a position to get screwed. Good luck!!:nice:

Pennywise2 said:
I had nothing but, wonderful experiences buying parts from Ebay.I got a shifter,interior peices,and a few other
things from Ebay and I never had a problem.I also saved
some money from buying on Ebay I recommend it.
www.ebaymotors.com
:Word: H&R Sport springs for $125 shipped, Kooks X-pipe for $100, Accufab TB/Plenum for $330......saved a lot of money on all those parts and they all work as advertised. :nice:

I'm an eBay whore since 1998. Bought and sold a lot of misc items, including buying and selling of cars.

Even with good feedback, read a number of them and look what the good feedback is for. I ran across someone a few years ago, that was using someone else's ebay account (legit) to show excellent feedback. But the account holder usually didn't sell cars and this guy was. So I emailed a few of the previous car buyers and got an earful from them.

In regard to leaving positive feedback. Make sure that whatever you receive is in good working condition before you leave feedback. I've held up leaving feedback for 2 months after receiving the item just to make sure.

My other policy is that the seller should leave positive feedback first, as they received payment. While it's not going to hurt you (but won't help), I've made the mistake of leaving positive feedback first on a buy and the seller never followed up with his.

I've bougth and sold alot of stuff on eBay. I've never had any problems, but like alot of folks said above... read the feedback and do your research. You can end up saving lots of $$... but watch out for shipping. The larger items sometimes don't make much sense when you factor in shipping.

Somethings I've snagged online for my GT:
03 Cobra bumper
Bullitt Cluster
Mach 1 hood
18" Mach 1 Replica rims
Pony center caps
18" Saleen replicas (resold them on eBay before installing)

others:
header panel for 96 Crown Vic
mustang taillight
jetta headlight
rear spoiler for my old Tempo GLS
16" Mustang Pony rims
17" Focus SVT rims