Passenger side sits higher after suspension install

R.Shackleford

Sep 10, 2006
I installed dspecs and H&R ss's towards the end of Feb. Also all new poly isos. I've put a bit over 3000 miles on it since, and it's like the passenger side hasn't settled. The rear is a solid 1/2" higher and the front about 1/4". With the drivers side so low the 1/2" on the passenger side is very noticeable.

I'm looking for opinions as to why.

I've thought maybe it's because I've only had anyone else in the car 200-300 miles tops, so the springs & new isolators haven't fully settled. But it also seems that would happen under the weight of the car itself.

I got up close and looked at stuff the other day, and everything looks fine. The springs are seated in the isolators, etc. It's kind of annoying, because the drivers side is nice and low and the passenger side still has that gap.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I have many miles on it now, and really no change in the un-levelness. Funny that this gets bumped though, because another Mach owner just installed some H&R springs a couple days ago and reported his car sits un-even exactly like mine.

I installed dspecs and H&R ss's towards the end of Feb. Also all new poly isos. I've put a bit over 3000 miles on it since, and it's like the passenger side hasn't settled. The rear is a solid 1/2" higher and the front about 1/4". With the drivers side so low the 1/2" on the passenger side is very noticeable.

I'm looking for opinions as to why.

I've thought maybe it's because I've only had anyone else in the car 200-300 miles tops, so the springs & new isolators haven't fully settled. But it also seems that would happen under the weight of the car itself.

I got up close and looked at stuff the other day, and everything looks fine. The springs are seated in the isolators, etc. It's kind of annoying, because the drivers side is nice and low and the passenger side still has that gap.

Spring might be "turned" the wrong way. The "pig tails" have to cover up both holes (where the spring sits)...if it was over shot, they might sit differently. Unless that spring has an isolator installed and the others don't :shrug:

+3 lol, well i have done my fair share of spring installs (11 or so by now) and when the98stang talked about "pig tail" and when your putting it in, and your going to bring arm back up, the spring moves alittle and sometimes that damn pig tail moves around and ends up sitting in the wrong spot on the arm.

So i would double check that.. just take the front tire off and look where the pig tail sits so you know if that is the issue... otherwise, :shrug:

I had that problem on my car too when I installed my springs. The car was 1/8 in. lower on the front driver side and 1/2 in. on the rear driver side.

The fix:
For the front springs, the instructions say to place the pigtail between the two holes on the lower control arm. Originally, I placed them exactly in the center between the two holes. Instead, place the pigtail off-center toward the left hole on the pasenger side and the toward the right hole on the driver side.

Apparently Mustangs are heavier on the driver side up front.

I had that problem on my car too when I installed my springs. The car was 1/8 in. lower on the front driver side and 1/2 in. on the rear driver side.

The fix:
For the front springs, the instructions say to place the pigtail between the two holes on the lower control arm. Originally, I placed them exactly in the center between the two holes. Instead, place the pigtail off-center toward the left hole on the passenger side and the toward the right hole on the driver side.

Apparently Mustangs are heavier on the driver side up front.
This sounds good to me... I had reseated the springs shortly after posting this thread. Both fronts are oriented exactly the same with the holes. The rears are set the same on both sides too. It's still strange that I haven't really heard of people having to seat the spring in a way other than what is supposed to be "correct". It sounds like it might indeed fix the problem though.