Passenger Side squat = sagging.....

my66coupe

Founding Member
Apr 30, 2002
Arizona fountain hills
My stang......like most, squats on the passenger side rear when launching. Im running stock springs all around, 90/10s up front and 50/50 in the rear. Recent hard launches with slicks have made a noticeable appearance in my stance. The passenger rear has sagged almost a full inch and rubs on every turn, and bump. I can no longer have a passenger ride with me, as the extra weight rubs even on the straights. The driver's side appears to be raised a bit from the sagging. The springs appear to be the originals and definetly need to be replaced... But first of all I would like to know if there are any other possibilities rather than the springs that would have caused this sudden drop? I have heard of uni bodies twisting..........What replacement spring for dragging? Im on a budget, and would like to retain the stock height. Thanks guys

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

homemade or aftermarket.........I found some from comp engineering for 90 bucks... :shrug: I had planned on going sub frames for the longest time. But since my springs are are old and the bushings are shot, I though i would go there first. Soo replacement 4 leafs? What about a mono leaf?

Mike

Sorry so long to post. Well, if you get springs first, be prepared to get subframes right away if that doesn't fix. Mine are just square tubing, from SSM. What ever you get, weld it. As far as leafs I have landrums that you can get from Summit. But have been thinking about mono's from calvert racing.

Soo subframes basically connect the rear and front subframes? Square tubing that wrap around the sub frame would work? I think i may build my own.......As for leafs, Landrum shows only 1 product on summits site...mono leafs, that have no application. I think Im going to stick with stock 4 leafs for now.

Mike

my66coupe said:
Soo subframes basically connect the rear and front subframes? Square tubing that wrap around the sub frame would work? I think i may build my own.......As for leafs, Landrum shows only 1 product on summits site...mono leafs, that have no application. I think Im going to stick with stock 4 leafs for now.

Mike
The brand is in there. But the specific part # isn't in the book. They have it when you call. Yeah, all they do is connect the front to back. Mine is just straight square tubing. I wanted it to be as strong as possible so the fronts are welded side by side. The back is also like that. To get the back, side by side, I had to cut the floor board to get the subframs lined up in the back.