Passenger Side Water Leak

I've got a buddy with an '05 that has water getting in on the passenger side. I thought I saw a thread here that had pics etc for a similar problem. Can't seem to find it now. Anybody know where it might be? If I remember right, the thread starter tracked the problem to the water channel at the top of the door. No problems with my '07 (knock wood) but may need to book room on Noah's Arc if it doesn't stop raining here soon. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure where that thread is, but I remember it because I had the same problem. I forget where exactly, but there was a weld missed somewhere up on the firewall which causes the leak. I gave my dealer little more info than that, and they found and fixed it. Hope this helps.

After your buddy takes it, make sure he checks it on his own afterwards. (Turn a hose on the car while watching all over the passenger floorboard & under the carpet). The dealership I was at "fixed" one area & it caused another spot to leak instead... Check the TSB sticky section as there's a TSB on the leak.

It's hard to explain it, but it's the "3M" adhesive tape on the back of the weather stripping. From what I've seen it will sometimes stick out and you can see it, or it'll be pushed back letting water in. Most people get a suprise when a passenger rides with them and they put on a wet seatbelt.

Fred