people who got screwed with mac longtubes

• Sponsors (?)

thanks thats what i needed to know what should my compression be on a 99 cobra motor,i also have a leakdown tester,but what i need to know is if the motor turns backwards can it jump timing or bend vavles,had comp. tested a month ago had 175 p.s.i. per.cyl.

Long Tube Mac Headers

HEY , COST ME A WHOLE NEW MOTOR ON MY 2002 360 R
TOOK IT TO RAMSEYS WERE I BOUGHT THE HEADERS ,
ALL THEY KEPT TELLING ME WAS I WAS CRAZY , AND WHEN THEY DROVE IT IT NEVER BLEW SMOKE. SO I TAKE IT TO BRANDON FORD, GUESS WHAT ???? SAME THING, THEY CANT GET IT TO BLOW SMOKE. SALESMAN (JACKIE RUSH ) WHO SOLD ME THE CAR SAID DONT WORRY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THE CAR THEY WILL TAKE CAR OF IT. I SAID COOL, DROVE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS , COMING HOME ONE NITE, DECIDE TO NAIL 2 ND, :flame: SEE YA MOTOR. NOT WORRIED FIGURED DRIVE IT HOME BRANDON FORD TAKES CARE OF IT. TAKE IT TO THEM, THEY HAVE IT 2 WEEKS CALL AND SAY, NO OIL :bang: I SAY NO ****IT. THEY SAY NOT OUR PROBLEM, :bang: GET THE POINT. I TOOK IT BACK TO RAMSEY WERE I BOUGHT THE MACS AND THEY SAID THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF THE HEADERS DOING THAT, AND THERE WAS NO WAY HEADERS WOULD DO THAT. MY MISTAKE I TRUSTED THEM, SO I BOUGHT A WHOLE LONG BLOCK FROM FORD AND HAD RAMSEY PUT IT IN, (BEFORE I REALIZED WHAT THEY WERE DOING) AND NOW I JUST ADD OIL WITH EVER TANK OF GAS. MY PLANS ARE TO GET DIFFRENT HEADERS AND INSTALL SOON,BUT FOR NOW JUST ADD OIL.

SETHSCOBRA said:
HEY , COST ME A WHOLE NEW MOTOR ON MY 2002 360 R
TOOK IT TO RAMSEYS WERE I BOUGHT THE HEADERS ,
ALL THEY KEPT TELLING ME WAS I WAS CRAZY , AND WHEN THEY DROVE IT IT NEVER BLEW SMOKE. SO I TAKE IT TO BRANDON FORD, GUESS WHAT ???? SAME THING, THEY CANT GET IT TO BLOW SMOKE. SALESMAN (JACKIE RUSH ) WHO SOLD ME THE CAR SAID DONT WORRY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THE CAR THEY WILL TAKE CAR OF IT. I SAID COOL, DROVE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS , COMING HOME ONE NITE, DECIDE TO NAIL 2 ND, :flame: SEE YA MOTOR. NOT WORRIED FIGURED DRIVE IT HOME BRANDON FORD TAKES CARE OF IT. TAKE IT TO THEM, THEY HAVE IT 2 WEEKS CALL AND SAY, NO OIL :bang: I SAY NO ****IT. THEY SAY NOT OUR PROBLEM, :bang: GET THE POINT. I TOOK IT BACK TO RAMSEY WERE I BOUGHT THE MACS AND THEY SAID THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF THE HEADERS DOING THAT, AND THERE WAS NO WAY HEADERS WOULD DO THAT. MY MISTAKE I TRUSTED THEM, SO I BOUGHT A WHOLE LONG BLOCK FROM FORD AND HAD RAMSEY PUT IT IN, (BEFORE I REALIZED WHAT THEY WERE DOING) AND NOW I JUST ADD OIL WITH EVER TANK OF GAS. MY PLANS ARE TO GET DIFFRENT HEADERS AND INSTALL SOON,BUT FOR NOW JUST ADD OIL.
hers my leak down results 1-11% 2-8% 3-3% 4-11% 5-12% 6-4% 7-5% 8-9%compression is 170/175 per. cyl.uses 6quarts in 1500 miles hell i dont even have to change my oil at that rate!!

If you are losing oil now, relpacing the headers alone probably won't fix the problem. Why not try deleting your EGR? And they are obviously lying to you. Any change in air pressure that close to your heads could cause some blow-by. And I don't think I've heard many cases of MAC lts causing 2V motors to grenade...

(Please don't use caps on the entire message...)

103 said:
If you are losing oil now, relpacing the headers alone probably won't fix the problem. Why not try deleting your EGR? And they are obviously lying to you. Any change in air pressure that close to your heads could cause some blow-by. And I don't think I've heard many cases of MAC lts causing 2V motors to grenade...

(Please don't use caps on the entire message...)
Have you not heard of any cases or many cases???
After replacing the blown motor with a whole long block from ford 3200.00 ( that way there would be no excuse for the mechanic ) it still blows oil .
I hate to beat a dead horse , but i just wish people could be a little more honest about there product and help us learn our lessons alot cheaper. Heck i wouldve just put the oem headers back on and said the hell with it. The rwhp gain was even worth it.Before headers 352 rwhp after 358 rwhp. i understand it could be the tune but still . Any ways see ya guys.