Pic Request: Vert Rollbars

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
Well I was on the phone with Slow95GT the other day and I realized that I would need a damn roll bar to be track legal, cuz I guarentee I will be easily in the twelves on a 150 shot. So does anyone have pics of a fox vert with a 6 point? Does anyone know the exact times I have to run to need a 6 pt? I would like to get away with a 4pt but I doubt thats gonna happen.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some from my old vert. These are from when i got it and then the last one while i was redoing the interior. They aren't that good but it was an 8 point chromoly. The biggest problem was that the back seat didn't fit in correctly. No one could sit there anyways but it would of looked better with a custom rear seat delete or something.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

With a convertible you will need a 6 point bar for times under 13.99 & a full cage with times under 11.99. These are pics of the 6 point bar in my '91 Vert

326116_81_full.jpg

326116_82_full.jpg

326116_74_full.jpg

326116_78_full.jpg

326116_83_full.jpg

The bar is from C&W Racecars & is pre-bent to fit in a Fox Vert. You can still use the back seat if you run the cross bar even with the back seat (not technically legal as the bar should not be more than 6 inches lower than your shoulder but I've never failed a tech inspection for it.)

A 6 pt bar in a vert will good till 9.99 I believe just like in the hard top. the only thing that is different between hard top and vert is when the initial bar is needed. Im having a chromoly 6pt bar with dual swing outs and tapered back bar done soon. Unless the rules changed for 2007 once a certified 6pt bar is installed the rules for changes are the same for verts and hard tops.

the 6pt roll bar is legal from MM. And pretty good deal for 379 with swing out door bars. I'll be looking into that!

Hey if I got the 6pt with bolt in door bars, could I unbolt the door bars for street to make it a 4pt basically so ppl(my GF) wouldn't have to step over the bar?

No, I was with him the last time he went to the track. I even rode with him on one pass. Barely chirping 2nd his best was a 14.8, and average was 15.0.

So with nothing else being different other than the intake which wont add much Im thinking 14.1, 14.2 is what he will run.

Hey if I got the 6pt with bolt in door bars, could I unbolt the door bars for street to make it a 4pt basically so ppl(my GF) wouldn't have to step over the bar?

Yeah, you can unbolt the swing out doors for the street (watch the bar at the bottom when you step out though, that danm thing will break an ankle). That's what I do so the wife doesn't have to unlatch it & swing the bar out all the time. I just bolt it back in when I go to the strip or a car show.