pick up trucks

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
Dallas Texas
Why do the common, stock style F-150's, 250's and 350 diesels think
that thier trucks are fast when there not.
I had a 3500 diesel start reving at a light yesterday, so I had to hit it when
the light went green, I was 2 lenghts ahead instantly, and let off.
Have many of you Stangers had F-150's etc try to run you.
It seems here in the Dallas area 1 out of every 2 vehicles is a truck. Even
people who have no reason or use for a truck get them anyway.:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I know lol....it seems like there is always some guy in a track that thinks he can take you :nonono: . I usualy dont waste my time with them though.

There is a diesel truck in our town though that is FAST...I think its faster than my car, but I dont know exactly what it runs.

diesel trucks are nothing to laugh at... w/ a bully dog tune they can be fairly quick. Now if a 4.6 F-150 revs at me, I do get a good chuckle out of that... my stang with a 4.6 can't even break 13s, imagine how slow that pickup is

it's all full size trucks, not just the Fords. my friend swore up and down that his dads silverado could beat my mustang. it's the low end torque of a V8 and the shorter gearing that make them think the truck is faster that it actually is.

scupking said:
Yup I have had them try and race me. Then I just get on it at the next light and I’m gone. My uncle says his F-250 diesel kills mustangs.
:lol: Yeah, I of my coworkers has been braging about how fast his F-250 diesel is. He has had it reprogrammed or something. But on the way to work
last week, about 6am I came up behind him on 3 lane road, I started trailing
him in the left lane, finally he looks in his rear view mirrow, we make eye to
eye contact, then a giant cloud of black diesel smoke comes out of his tail
pipe, ........ I then did a fly-by on the right.......:rlaugh:

stangGT97 said:
diesel trucks are nothing to laugh at... w/ a bully dog tune they can be fairly quick. Now if a 4.6 F-150 revs at me, I do get a good chuckle out of that... my stang with a 4.6 can't even break 13s, imagine how slow that pickup is

haha I like your sig "n/a until going FI" club. :lol: I never planned on doing this either...just one of those split second desisions I guess....but the N/A club is still here and will continue. Heck I didnt even have a member # :shrug: . So that doesnt mess you guys up at all.

You know I was actually surprised how many people from the club were getting nitrous or S/Cs....if you find a sweet deal, then you will go for it. There is nothing wrong with N/A or FI....but I didnt want to spend 4Gs at one time and then worry about my engine going. I think we would all still be staying N/A had we not found a good price for FI.

hotmustang331 said:
haha I like your sig "n/a until going FI" club. :lol: I never planned on doing this either...just one of those split second desisions I guess....but the N/A club is still here and will continue. Heck I didnt even have a member # :shrug: . So that doesnt mess you guys up at all.

You know I was actually surprised how many people from the club were getting nitrous or S/Cs....if you find a sweet deal, then you will go for it. There is nothing wrong with N/A or FI....but I didnt want to spend 4Gs at one time and then worry about my engine going. I think we would all still be staying N/A had we not found a good price for FI.

haha I know man... I wrote that as a little bit of a shot at you, mostly cuz I'm jealous that you're building a TT setup :drool: Trust me, as soon as I have money for a forged rotating assembly, the power adder will be next in line, probably a turbo just like you. Hey are you still planning on a 302BB when your stock shortblock is toast? Thats the route I'm thinking of going, I love the BB concept over the stroker

hotmustang331 said:

Hell yeah the N/A Club is still here since I'm the leader now.. since you abandoned us :mad: :D

It was a split second decision huh? It's crazy what stuff can make a person go home and buy a couple of turbos :D... Just busting your bawls man! :flag: